Tuesday 24 April 2012

Deep Ocean Challenge DT - Punches and Dies

Woohoo!!  It is time for our new challenge at Deep Ocean Challenges and this fortnight our theme is to use punches and dies.  I decided to create another layout.  I've wanted to scrap this photo of me on my birthday last year for a while - I lost 2 stone last year and look so different on this photo compared to my previous birthday that it just had to be put in my scrapbook :)!!  The gorgeous shaped paper is from Webster's Pages. I've backed it with black cardstock and cut around it with some scalloped scissors to create a pretty edge.  I've then added dots of liquid pearls to each scallop.
I added flowers from my stash - mostly Prima and some Wild Orchid Crafts rosebuds.  The gorgeous white flowers with pink centres I made myself following a tutorial from one of Webster's Pages amazing designers, Gabrielle Pollacco here.  I've also added a gorgeous butterfly cameo and some leaves cut with a Magnolia doohickey die from black cardstock.
I created the butterflies myself by stamping a Hero Arts butterfly stamp onto acetate and cutting them out.  This one is mounted onto a Martha Stewart doily which was a gift from my lovely friend Debbie.  I've painted it with crackle paint and inked with frayed burlap - I was going for a faux stone effect.
The gorgeous dress form is wooden and is from Kaisercraft.  I have painted it with two shades of turquoise acrylic paint and then dabbed bronze luster rub on over it to look like verdigree.  Love how it turned out!
The rose here is mounted onto a ribbon slider and the numbers are from Webster's Pages which I've covered in stardust stickles.
There are two more butterflies at the top of the page along with more Webster's Pages letters and Magnolia Doohickey leaves.
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us this fortnight at Deep Ocean Challenges!  Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's stunning creations!  Thanks for looking! x

7 comments:

kim.scrapper said...

Wow, this layout is stunning! I love everything about it and congrats on the weight loss, tfs

Christina C. said...

OMG...this is gorgeous!!!! Love the shape and all the stunning details!
Soooooo beautiful!

Debbie said...

Wow Jane this Layout is just gorgeous. I love the black leaves and the picot edge you made with the scissors, just gorgeous.
You look amazing, this is no lie I thought this was a younger member of your family, I honestly did not think it was you....you look so young. Thats what loosing weight does to someone, well done you. Last year I lost 1 1/2 stone, but I have let it go back on. But at least I know I can do it again. I used to go to Zumba three times a week and that kept my weight off. You look amazing and I loe your hair colour. Debbiexx

Catherine said...

Gorgeous layout, love all the die cuts...

nwilliams6 said...

What a gorgeous layout. All the details are so wonderful. I seriously feel inspired to go make a scrapbook page! I don't know what you looked like before, but you look stunning on this page!!!

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful and elegant layout page. The attention to details on this page is stunning :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Janiel/ janny said...

Stunning layout dear. and you are so cute!!! I LOVE YOUR carrot red top!!! I didn't realize that your hair was that bright....LOVE IT!!!

hugs and hope all is well..........Janiel