Tuesday 31 July 2012

Deep Ocean Challenge DT - Welcome Ella!

 Woohoo!!  We have a very special challenge this fortnight at Deep Ocean Challenges in honor of my very good friend Louise who recently welcomed her gorgeous baby girl Ella into the world!  Apologies for the terrible photo - still trying to sort out some sort of photo editing onto this computer!!  Told you I can't take straight photos lol!  As you may know I already created a card for Louise and her hubby to congratulate them for the Magnolia Down Under Challenge the other week, so this card is for their gorgeous little girl Signe to congratulate her on becoming a big sister!  I always like to send a card to siblings when a new baby arrives so they don't start to feel left out.
 I masked together the gorgeous baby stamp with the cute Sweetie Tilda to create a little scene of Signe looking after Ella peacefully sleeping!  I've coloured them with copics and added stickles here and there.
 I added some pom pom trim from my stash and some butterflies punched with a Martha Stewart punch.
 I added a tulle bow and some flowers from my stash.  The pennants were cut with the flag and cloud doohickey die #30 and the letters were cut with a Tim Holtz alphabet die.  The twine is from The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop.
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us this fortnight at Deep Ocean Challenges!  Congratulations again to my lovely friend Louise too!  Thanks for looking! x

21 comments:

Karina said...

A wonderful idea to create a card for Signe for becoming a big sister. She will love it! It looks so sweet how you combined those two images together. Such a fabulous card, Jane!
Hugs, Karina

Jill said...

Wonderful card Jane and fantastic masking and colouring
Signe and Louise will love it for sure!
Hugs, Jill

yvon said...

O my, this is gorgeous Jane. Have to try masking myself, it looks so great.
Hugs, Yvon

Christina C. said...

Absolutely brilliant design work!!! Your coloring is drop-dead gorgeous. This card is a treasure!

Berry said...

Stunning work Jane love how you combined those images hugs rebekah xx

catz said...

Wow,,,what a precious card...love the pinks!!

Sharon said...

Gosh Jane this is absolutely gorgeous. Two beautiful images to make one beautiful card.
Love and hugs Sharon. x

Lisa Walsh @ www.papercraftbusiness.com said...

Hi Jane,
This design is absolutely gorgeous. Just simply beautiful.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs
Lisa
P.S I have Tilda blog candy if you're interested :)
http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au/

Louise said...

OMG!! Jane!! You're just the sweetest - EVER!! ❤❤
Signe will jump around with joy when she recieves this awesome gift of love!
And I will treasure this - forever!
The card is just..way beyond amazingly beautiful! (now I'm crying again ;)) I cannot believe you went through all of this to be able to surprise me twice!
Your inking is...totally gorge and the scene you created are just..do delish!
Love, love, love it!! ❤❤
Loads of love, Louise

marion said...

What a lovely combo of stamps. Lovely card. Hugs, Marion

Riet said...

So wonderful card,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Stempelhexe said...

Ach wie herrlich das Kärtchen geworden ist, einfach ein Traum.

LG
Ulla

hauiline said...

Hi Jane,

this card is sooooo sweet, love the colours and desing.

Hugs
Anja

Unknown said...

Jane, that's so sweet. Love how Signe is watching over little Ella.

Hugz,
Sandy

Ann said...

Oh, so cute to have big sister looking over little sister. Very creative.

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous card and the colouring is awesome, love their little cheeks and all the sparkle!

mandy said...

Gorgeous card Jane, love the 2 images and how you've combined them, the papers lovely and the sparkly butterflies so cute :)

Hugs Mandy xxx

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous and a wonderful combination of stamps, beautifully done
Hugs julie P

Distressed Miss said...

Wow such a beautiful design. A great idea for a big sister card I'm sure she will love it. Such fabulous colouring as well.
Hugs
Clare
xx

Aartje said...

I love bloghopping:there is always so many fantastics to see. On your blog I found a great card. Beautyful coloring and great details. Thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs Aartje

coops said...

so stunning jane.gorgeous sweet images and your design is so pretty :D

xx coops xx