Tuesday 25 September 2012

Deep Ocean Challenges DT - More Than Two Colours

 Woohoo!!  It is time for another Deep Ocean Challenge and our theme for this fortnight is to use more than one colour.  My layout was created to match the one I created for last fortnight's challenge, so that they can be displayed side by side, and this time shows my Son's first day back at school.
 All the papers are from Webster's Pages and I have added lots of gorgeous flowers from my stash.  The cute rucksack button is by Dovecraft and the grey lace is from my stash.  I have used Tim Holtz' doily die and the gorgeous green lace is from Webster's Pages.
 The letters are from Webster's Pages and the number 2 was cut from another paper.  I have added pearl dots around the scalloped paper using liquid pearls.
 There are lots of flowers to the right of the photographs and the gorgeous frame border is Prima and was a gift from my lovely friend Louise.
 I used a fun technique that was shown on the Webster's Pages blog a few weeks ago where perfect pearls is added to printed vellum - it looks so beautiful!
 I added some texture using gesso and acrylic paint over a stencil created with Tim Holtz weathered clock die.
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us this fortnight at Deep Ocean Challenges!  Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the gorgeous creations from my team mates!  Thanks for looking! x

4 comments:

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Jane wow it's just stunning!!!!!i do love all the flowers

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Wow this is fabulous Jane, what a wonderful way to capture the day!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Stunning layout! Lovely images! Hugs, Lesley

Andrea C said...

What an adorable keepsake x