Saturday 15 September 2012

The Sketchy Challenges DT - Kylie's Sketch

Woohoo!!!  It is time for another gorgeous sketch over at The Sketchy Challenges and this fortnight my good friend Kylie has provided a stunning one!!  As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to use the diamond element to create a kite to go with this gorgeous Webster's Pages Sunday Picnic paper!!!  The picture is of my gorgeous little ones freezing in their coats at the beach in June lol - such a wonderful summer we've had!!!  All the papers from Webster's Pages.
The gorgeous flower, pin and cameo are from Webster's pages too and the beautiful lace is a gift from my gorgeous friend Louise!
I made the kite tail with some ribbon and twine from The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop and I have used Martha Stewart's Cherish PATP set around the edge of the cream spotty paper.
I also used the twine on the corners of the kite and added liquid pearl dots along the top edge of the kite paper.
The beautiful resin bird i from Webster's Pages too.
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us this fortnight at The Sketchy Challenges!  Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's stunning creations, they really will blow you away!  Thanks for looking! x

6 comments:

Louise said...

Hi Jane! <3

Im so happy you found that lace to be that gorgeous!
Here´s a story about it ;) I bought that the first time I visited the Maggie store in Borås and I was here with three fellow crafters, I had bought stuff for so much money and in the car on our way back we asked each other which item in particular we loved the most and the other ladies laughed so hard when I declared it was this lace! Unfortunately I didn't buy very much..so of course I had to go back a half year later and that time I bought a whole roll of it! Im still so much in love with it! Its weird you can feel this way about stuff, isn't it?! ;) LOL!

This is one of the most amazing looking los Ive even seen sweetie! Truly stunning papers and I must say I love that photo of your kiddos so much! Amazing details and that lush big organza flower is awesome - BEAUTIFUL beyond words!

Big hugs!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A gorgeous LO Jane what pretty delicate colours and beautiful embellishments. A gorgeous picture of your little ones x

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Jane.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Jane. Love the layout and those papers are gorgeous. Wonderful idea to make a kite out of your paper.
Hugs Sharon. x

Cordine said...

Gorgeous Layout Jane!
Hugs
cordine

SUZYD said...

BEAUTIFUL PAGE.SUZYD X