Tuesday 6 November 2012

Deep Ocean Challenge DT - Around The World

 Woohoo!!!  It is time for another Deep Ocean Challenge and this fortnight our theme is Around the World! Perfect for me to make sure I made a photo book of our holiday instead of putting it off and never actually getting around to it like the last two holidays we had!  The book base was a 7 Gypsies concertina album and the entire book is made using Webster's Pages Palm Beach collection.  The colours on these papers were so perfect for every single photo and so tropical I almost felt like I was back on holiday despite the grey weather outside!
 Here's a look at the cover without it's belly band.  As well as all the Webster's Pages goodies there are also some Prima flowers on the front and a Kort & Godt flower and the shells are ones I collected on the beach while we were there!
 The gorgeous fabric ticket is by Webster's Pages as is the resin flower.  I wish I'd collected more of the little round pearl like shells now, they look so, so pretty now!
 A peak at the gorgeous Kort & Godt flower and more pretty white shells!
 I used two different colours of scrummy lace from the Webster's Pages Palm Beach trimmings pack where the two different papers join.
 The letters are also from Webster's Pages but different collections.....
 ....and so are the numbers.
 There were so many photos I had to make lots of extra little pages, pockets, pull out tabs and all sorts of flaps to get them all in and so the book ended up very thick as you can see!!  I created a belly band for it using some more gorgeous ribbon from the Palm Beach collection, some magnets and a gorgeous, gorgeous dolphin cameo also from Webster's Pages!  I'm afraid I won't be showing you my holiday snaps inside though - me in a bikini - I don't think so lol!
I hope you like the cover of my album and I've inspired you to join us this fortnight at Deep Ocean Challenge!  Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's stunning creations, there are some amazing ideas!  Thanks for looking! x

3 comments:

Caroline said...

This is beautiful I love the layout and the colours used are fabulous. Caroline xxx

marion said...

Just like a summer vacation, gorgeous ! Hugs, Marion

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Jane.

Hugs Riet.xx