Saturday 3 November 2012

Magnolia Down Under Challenges DT - Christmas Ornaments

Woohoo!!!  I'm back from a fabulous holiday and feel like I've been away from blogging for such a long time!  I'm hoping I'll be able to post a little more often than of late now that I'm all refreshed - and I really need to get on with some Christmas cards - so watch this space!  Right now though, I'm here to tell you about our amazing new challenge at Magnolia Down Under Challenges and we have such a fun one for you this week - Christmas ornaments!!  You can make your own from scratch or alter something.  I could not resist the temptation to create a nativity scene with the amazing new Nativity Collection - they're all so adorable!  Hours of colouring though - good job it's my favourite thing to do!  The whole nativity scene is set onto a scalloped circle cut with a Go Kreate die.
First up, of course, we have the sweet Tilda with holy baby # 3063, coloured with copics, as are all of the images.  Scattered around her feet is some "straw" which I've created using the new Sprawling Fronds #68 die.  Snuggling up to them is the Holy Lamb #427.
Tilda as a wiseman #3032 is looking on in awe and has a sparkly gift of frankincense with her!
Behind her is the beautiful and serene Angel Tilda with Gloria #3012.  You can see behind her I have used the Lovely Fence die #12 on either side of the stable.
Also behind Tilda as a wiseman is the sweet Holy Tilda with lamb #3018.  Her head isn't really bigger than her body, it's the angle I've taken the photo lol, she is perfectly proportioned in reality!  Behind her you can see the stable (#488 Holy House) which I have stamped onto kraft cardstock and then added shading with copics.
Standing faithfully next to Tilda's side is Holy Edwin #126 - I love his little wrapped sandles!!
Behind Holy Edwin is the gorgeous Edwin as Wiseman #116 carrying his golden gift.  Again his head looks a little large due to the angle I have taken the photo lol.
Last but certainly not least is the cute Edwin with Goat #125.  I love his little shoes too, they're so cute!
I have used some greenery from Tim Holtz Festive Greenery die around the stable - I think it makes perfect tree, kind of like a Baobab tree shape.  The gorgeous embroidered star is from my stash and is attached on acetate so that it appears to magically hover above the stable.
I hope you like my nativity scene!  I can't wait to see what it looks like when I decorate the rest of the house for Christmas.  I hope I've inspired you to join us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges this week.  Please pop over to the challenge blog, you will be absolutely stunned at the rest of the team's gorgeous christmas ornaments!  Thanks for looking! x

30 comments:

MagsB said...

Welcome back!

This is amazing and stunning and awesome and beautiful! Thank you for the incredible inspiration!

love Mags B x

Janiel/ janny said...

oh Jane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is WONDERFUL!!! So beautiful done dear!! I can't wait to get mine!
hugs, Janiel

Dina said...

Wauh so beautifull i can't stop looking

Cordine said...

It's stunning Jane!
Hope you have had a awesome vacation!
Hugs
Cordine

Caroline said...

WOW WOW WOW I love this it must have took you ages. Caroline xxx

Denise said...

WOW!!!! This is amazing. So much work and all so beautifully coloured.
Denise xx

marion said...

Wow, what an awesome and stunning porject ! Hugs, Marion

Purplecat 64 said...

Wow
This is absolutely wonderful,
you are very clever, and to use
these wonderful images to make
nativity scene, the true spirit of
Christmas
hugs
Heather & Bronwyn x x

Julie said...

Stunning work, Jane - just stunning!!! Hugs, Juliexx

Magda said...

Brilliant!!!
have a nice sunday
Magda

Dorte said...

Amazing Christmas scene, Jane. I love the way you have used the new collection of images....and your colouring is outstanding !
Great to have you and your beautiful creations back.
hugs Dorte

mgoll88 said...

What an amazing project...wonderfull...thats so fantastic!!! Love it!

LG
Michaela

Fleur said...

Oh MY!! WOW !!! This is way beyond stunning, It's gorgeous. Must have taken ages, your colouring is beautiful
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Norma said...

WOW WOW WOW, Jane, you've blown me away!!! This is phenomenal--I can just hear the choir of angels singing. And your colouring of all of the images is totally awesome. You're amazing!!!
Hugs,
Norma

Louise said...

OH JANE!
Im just BLOWN AWAY by this AMAZINGLY beautiful piece of work :) Is it for the mantel of your lovely home?? Its so fabby, Ive never seen anything like this! Awesome coloring and you sure have put your lovely Tildas and Edwins to good use here :)

Loads of hugs!

scrappapouille said...

Votre réalisation est MAGNIFIQUE !!!

j'adore !

bonne journée,

Synnøve said...

The most beautiful project ever!!!!
Love it!!!
hugs

Unknown said...

Hi Jane,
I was just over at the MDUC blog and I saw this AMAZING creation, so I had to pop over and take a closer look. What an awesome scene and so many of them...8 or is it 9 with the sheep? Beautiful colouring and so well put together. Nice to hear that you had a lovely holiday!

Hugz,
Sandy

Bianca said...

That´s unbeliefable fantastic and cute! xx Bianca

enrica said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWW IS..........AMAZING!!!!! i like too mutch, i like a stamp and a colour's...very very beautyful!!!!<3<3

Liz's creative corner said...

OMG Jane this is so beautiful, I didn't think much of these stamps to be honest when I saw them wish I'd bought them now, wow stunning hun, hugs Liz xx

Debbie Dolphin said...

SoooooOOOOoOOOOOooO gorgeous Jane!!!
You couldnt of had much washing to do after ya hols if you did this so quick!!!LOL
...Mine has to wait for a while :(
Its stunning I LOVE it sweetie xxx
Hugs Debbie xx

Christina C. said...

OMG...G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S.....your nativity scene is a MASTERPIECE!

Sharon said...

Wow, what a wonderful card. So many gorgeous coloured images and lovely layout.
Hugs Sharon. x

Helga said...

Oh my God is this stunning !
Perfect made all are fabulous colored - and the scene is great !
Hugs
Helga

Kerryn said...

Wow that is stunning!! Such a lot of work gone into that!

Bubbles said...

Wow, wow, wow, wow and wow!!!!! This is absolutely gorgeous (just had to show my hubby just how talented some people are!!). Truly beautiful and would make anyone's christmas decorations that bit more special xx

Chris said...

Only in my dreams could I ever achieve a final result as perfect as this card. Wow, Jane, this is fantastic. Each little detail is perfect. I love, love, love it. You have such a gift. I'm so glad you are sharing your talents with us!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Renee said...

This is the most precious, gorgeous, stupendous thing I've ever seen! So much hard work and talent was put into this and it shows! I love love love it!

angelapercaso said...

tutto molto molto bello!!