Thursday 3 January 2013

A 70th Birthday

 A few days before Christmas was my Auntie's 70th birthday and the whole family gathered for a celebration.  I wanted to give her something special to keep so instead of a card I adapted a paper shoe I made some time ago by swapping the button buckle for a flower and adding more flowers and a tag inside.
 I added flowers on the inside of the heel and the tag was cut with a Magnolia die.
 I added a glittery 70 instead of a shoe size.
The sentiment on the tag is embossed with gold although it doesn't show too well in the photo.  I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

3 comments:

Louise said...

Hi dearest Jane!
Oh, this is simply AMAZING!! I have always wanted to try and make a shoe like that but I don't dare try, Im so worried its to complicated for me ;)
The papers you used are simply beautiful and so are the details you added! I bet your auntie truly loved this and will treasure it forever!

Lots of love!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Wow Jane it is gorgeous! So much beautiful detail and what a good idea to put the 70 instead of a size! I bet she was so pleased xx

Trololo2 said...

I love the shoe it is fantastic! can I ask you how you made it? Thanks Kate