Monday 28 January 2013

Prima BAP January







Morning!!  I have another scrapbook page to share today.  Having finished my DT projects right up to the middle of March I have lots of "spare" crafty time and am becoming quite addicted to scrapping at the moment, I can't seem to stop!  I'm entering this one into the Prima Build A Page for January challenge as I just loved the sketch they have to work with.  I started with a completely blank white cardstock and added some sprays of mist and some stamping with victorian velvet distress ink and some Tim Holtz flourish stamps and Hero Arts butterfly stamps in the places where I was going to add the photos and the bottom right corner.  I then painted over the stamping with gesso to give a misty look.
Aparty from the red lily flowers which were a gift from my gorgeous friend Louise, all of the flowers are Prima.
The gorgeous tulle trim peeping out from under the photos is also a gift from Louise.  I have also added some torn book pages painted with gesso and some crumpled papers from the Prima Botanical paper pad, also painted with gesso.  After a long time drooling over these Prima junkyard findings zippers I finally got some - how gorgeous are they!?  This one says "beauty" across it.
In the bottom right corner I added another piece of torn book page over the stamping along with more Prima flowers.  The alpha stickers are from Webster's Pages.
I made the butterflies from some Aida fabric and you can see details of some of the stamping around the edges of the photo too.
Where the two photos meet I added a torn piece of book page painted with gesso and curled and lots of gorgeous flowers above, picking up the colours of the flowers on my daughter's top in the photo.
Here you can see the layers of tulle and paper under the photos.
I also added some lace under the photos at the bottom.  The "curly" writing is some more Webster's Pages stickers that were white.  I used milled lavender distress ink to colour them.
I also made the butterfly at the bottom of the page.

I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

No comments: