Friday 1 March 2013

Crafting Life's Pieces DT - March Sketch Challenge #56


Yes!!!  You read correctly!!!  I'm so excited to share today's post and my news that the amazingly talented Chelsea asked me to join her Crafting Life's Pieces Sketch Challenge team!!!  Wow!!  I'm so thrilled to join this team of talented ladies and I adore Chelsea's sketches.  I have used the sketch to create one of my Mother's Day cards.  The papers are Pink Paislee London Market.
I've used an older Tilda, I think she's from the Sweet Crazy Love collection and I've coloured her with coipcs.  I've added stickles to the bow in her hair and inked around the image with tattered rose distress ink.
I've added flowers from my stash and the dew drop rose I made following Chelsea's tutorial as per my post here.
I've used the doohickey flag die for the pennants and the letters are from Webster's Pages.  The pearls are the new ones from Magnolia that were free with January's magazine.  The twine is from The Ribbon Girl.
The seam binding, key and cheesecloth are from my stash.
On the other side of the image I've added some more flowers and some Magnolia berries.  The doily was cut with Tim Holtz distressed doily die.
The doily actual sits on an acetate panel and the green flowered paper is on the inside of the card as you can see in this photo here - just something a little different to give the card some interest.
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us at Crafting Life's Pieces Challenge!  Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's stunning creations!  Thanks for looking! x

8 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Jane this is just beautiful you always embellish so magnificently! Big congratulations on your DT post, have a good weekend hugs Susan x

Christine L said...

A stunning card Jane... love all the gorgeous detail and your fab colouring!

Hugs
Christine x

Marja Sch said...

Wo wsuch a wonderful card. Hugs Marja

mgoll88 said...

A very wonderfull card creation, looks very nice, really perfect!

LG
Michaela

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Jane.

Hugs Riet.xx

Christina C. said...

Perfect in every way! A most beautiful creation, Jane!

mru said...

totally amazing :) I love your cards :)

Sol said...

Beautiful Card. I love your coloring.. And the Flowers are Stunning!!! :o) Cute Banner too! :o)