Tuesday 26 March 2013

Deep Ocean Challenge Blog DT - Photo Inspiration


Woohoo!!  It is time for another challenge at Deep Ocean Challenges and I'm so excited about this one.  The inspiration photo we have is so beautiful it will take your breath away!  It certainly inspired me!  As soon as it was posted in our group I knew I had to use it to make my little girl's birthday card, and the flowers in the photo are so gorgeous I just had to copy those too!  As you can see I created a handbag shaped card as my little girl has lots of little bags which she fills with all manner of things when she plays - it is so sweet.
Next, I set about recreating the flower posy in the photo.  The gorgeous large rose is from my stash and the white cosmos daisies are from The Ribbon Girl.  The hydrangea flowers are from Prima.
The gorgeous double bow is made from seam binding from The Ribbon Girl and the cute fabric tag is from Maya Arts.  I stamped a number five on it with victorian velvet distress ink.
My card is actually a tent card - this helps it to stand up better with all the weight of the flowers.
On the little front pocket flap I've used a gorgeous diamante charm from The Ribbon Girl to represent a clasp.
For my daughter's name I've used some alpha stickers from Webster's Pages.
The flowers are actually on top of a tag that sits in the bag ready for a birthday message.
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us at Deep Ocean Challenges.  Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the teams incredible creations.  Thanks for looking! x

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow Jane, this is gorgeous. I love the design and the flowers are stunning. Who doesn't like handbags. Almost as fabulous as crafting goodies!!!
Hugs Sharon. x

Riet said...

This is so beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Janiel/ janny said...

very very pretty my friend!! I hope you are rested up from the party stuff!! Hope all had a good time..
hugs.........

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable purse card Jane! So sweet and beautifully embellished - the flowers are stunning! hugs, Angela

Ribbon Girl said...

Fabulous - what little (or big!) girl wouldn't love that card! Mary x