Saturday 20 April 2013

Magnolia Down Under Challenges DT - Going Green!

Woohoo!!!  I'm so excited to show you my creation this evening and tell you about our new challenge over at Magnolia Down Under Challenge.  We want you to "Go Green" this week, no, not with envy lol, we want you to recycle something to use on your card/project!
 This is what I chose to recycle - some of the products at The Ribbon Girl come wrapped around these cute ribbon cards - one was sitting on my desk just crying out to be altered :)!
 I really wanted to give Tilda as a Clown #261 a white face so decided to get my pencils out from their hiding place!  I'm so glad I did, I thoroughly enjoyed colouring this tag!  Once I had coloured Tilda I decided to create a harlequin pattern background which has also been created with pencils.  I then added stickles over some of the blue diamonds.  Tilda just had to have a clown nose - she didn't seem right without one so I have coloured a pearl with a red copic for her nose.
 I have also recycled the green net ribbon which was tied around a bouquet of flowers I received a while ago.  The ric rac is from The Ribbon Girl.
 I added some faux stitching on the right side of the tag along with some paint splashes where the harlequin background is unfinished.  The green stars are actually the sepal section pulled from some blossom flowers and I've added gems to the centre.
 I added some Webster's Pages trim along the bottom of the tag and another star and an explosion of ric rac.
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to recycle something for this week's Magnolia Down Under Challenge!  The rest of my teamies have come up with some amazing recycling ideas - why not pop over to the blog and have a look.  Thanks for looking! x

9 comments:

Christina C. said...

OMG.....Jane,you did a brilliant job showcasing this cute Tilda...very creative!!!! Love the cute red nose, the white fact and the harlequin background!

Anonymous said...

How clever, this is very cute
Hugs Julie P

Fleur said...

Wow Jane, this is so very cute. I love the use of the bobbin.
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Kelly said...

I think this is the most beautiful tag ever!! I love your style and every detail made this tag stunning and artistic. Your coloring is so professional and looks great.
Hugs Kelly

Juls said...

Fab recycling!!! Love the big red nose!!! Hugs Juls xxx

Bron said...

Wow I'm
Glad you dragged your oencils put too it looks fantastic.
I always keep tags like that now as you just never know!!
Hugs xx

Dortesjs said...

this is such a sweet card

Chris said...

Oh my gosh, this is just the cutest ever! I love that you did the clown in white face! The nose is adorable! Very smart to add the harlequin background, too! It is just such a festive tag! Love it, Jane!

XO,
Chris

Hanna said...

THIS IS AMAZING JANE!! WOOOOW!

hugs,
Hanna