Tuesday 8 October 2013

Magnolia-licious and More DT - Shaped Cards


Good morning!  It is time for another challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge and it is a theme I love - shaped cards!  I have used the Sizzix Ornate Oval die to create my tri-fold card.  Trying to get a photo of it when it is open was a bit of a nightmare though!  The gorgeous paper was a gift from my sweet friend Louise and is by Magnolia.
On the front of the card I have used a Hero Arts stamp in the centre of the frame and added some glimmer mist to create blotches for an aged look.  The birdcage is from my stash and I have painted it with picket fence crackle paint.
I have used the Orchid Doohickey to make the white orchids.  The gorgeous pink flower was also a gift and the rest of the flowers are from The Ribbon Girl.
The pearl bead trim is also from The Ribbon Girl and the ribbon on top of the birdcage is from my stash.

For the centre panel I used some of the gorgeous Magnolia paper and topped it with a Spellbinder butterfly.
I used the same stamp for the final centre panel as on the first before adding my sweet Tilda as a Star, coloured with copics.
The above photo shows the card flattened out but it doesn't stand up unsupported like this.
On the back of the last panel I added some more of the Magnolia paper and the sentiment, leaving the other two panels free for a hand written message.
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us this fortnight at Magnolia-licious!  Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's stunning shaped cards.
As always Diana is offering a fabulous prize from the Magnolia-licious store to the lucky winner so good luck if you decide to enter.  Thanks for looking! x

10 comments:

La papera felice said...

OMG!!! It's wonderful!

Berina RGA said...

lovely one!! love the die-cut frame of the panels... and beautiful folds.. totally awesome!!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Kylie said...

Oh Jane! Sweetie, it is a masterpiece! What a stunning tryptic.
Big hugs
Kylie xx

Hanna said...

WOW, this is gorgeous Jane!
What a fun shape and fold, such a great idea! LOVE IT! You are so creative.

hugs,
Hanna

The Craft Bucket said...

This is stunning, I shouldn't sound surprised all your work is. Jane x

Pam D said...

Beautifully done! Great idea and design. Love the embellies and coloring, TFS!

Cathy Lee said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Jane. So creative and I love how it folds. Stunning card for display. Beautiful.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Chris said...

Oh my, Jane, this is so elegant! I love each facet of your creation. I wish I had just a little fraction of your creativity and ability. I am in love with this card!

XO,
Chris **drooling all over the keyboard**

Fleur said...

Oh WOW, absolutely STUNNING
HUGZ Fleur xXx

applejack cards by sue said...

How gorgeous, so much to look at and I adore the beautiful way you have embellished this keepsake.