Monday 24 March 2014

Magnolia Down Under Challenges DT - Blue, White and Brown

Good morning!  We have a new challenge at Magnolia Down Under Challenges today and this fortnight our theme is "blue, white and brown".  One of my favourite colour combinations!  I had such fun with the theme for this card.  As you will see from the sentiment it is a belated birthday card - I thought the sentiment was very fitting with this White Rabbit - Alice in Wonderland, you see lol??  I then added the clock die to represent the White Rabbit's pocket watch to tie the two together further.  I love adding little themes to my cards and seeing if anyone gets the connections lol!
 I have masked the cute Prince Orjan stamp with several repeats of a flower background stamp that was also in the Magnolia Winter Kit and coloured them with copics.  The sky and grass shading have been created with distress inks.
 All of the gorgeous flowers and the lace are from The Ribbon Girl.  The gorgeous sentiment is from Stempelglede and the tag is a doohickey die.
 The beautiful pale blue seam binding is also from the Ribbon Girl.
 I have used Tim Holtz' Butterflight On The Edge die at the top of the card and his Weathered Clock die around the image.  The clock has been covered in Shabby Blue Frantage.  The small butterflies were punched with a Martha Stewart punch.
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges.  Pop over to the blog to see the stunning creations from my talented team mates!  Thanks for looking. x

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Such a cute little chap Jane. Love the colour scheme and gorgeous design.
Have a lovely week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Stempelhexe said...

Hallo Jane,

eine herrlich verträumte Karte ist das geworden, ein echter Hingucker.

LG
Ulla

mgoll88 said...

Very wonderfull.looks fantastic

LG
Michaela

Lisa Minckler said...

Beautiful card!!!! Absolutely stunning :)