Wednesday 8 October 2014

Magnolia-licious DT - 'W'ednesday Post

 Good morning!  It is my turn to share a 'W'ednesday creation at Magnolia-licious today.  We don't give Halloween cards here but I do love this gorgeous witch from the Wee Stamps selection at Magnolia-licioius, so I decided to make a fun book for my little girl.
 I've painted with Distress Ink pads and created a smoky, bubbly background suitable for a potion mixing witch with Distress Inks too.  I've added touches of silver pen to areas of her costume too.
 The 'cobwebs' were cut with a Prima doily die and the lettering was created with Papermania alphabet stamps.  I punched holes in the top of the notebook and threaded natural twine through them to make an old, rough looking spiral bind.
 I used the cat Doohickey from the Paris Nights Doohickey set and added gems for it's eyes.
 I 'borrowed' the little bottle of fairy dust from my daughter while she was asleep lol, but when she saw the creation and I said she could take it off she loved it so much that she has kept the bottle on it.
I gave the notebook some aged tissue paper pages by crinkling tissue paper and using Vintage Photo Distress Ink to age it.
My daughter couldn't wait to write her first spell inside - using a quill and ink of course!
 I hope you like it and thanks for looking.  Pop over to the blog to see some more 'W'ednesday creations from my teamies.  x



6 comments:

mgoll88 said...

what a cool halloweencard, looks fantastic!

LG
Michaela

Donna said...

Oh, wow!!! Your spell book is stunning with amazing detail and coloured to perfection.
What a super idea. I can see your Daughter loved it.
Hugs, Donna xx

Fabiana Strehlow said...

Maravilhoso!
Amei!

Unknown said...

This is just fab!! The image is gorgeous perfectly Coloured and love all the gorgeous details especially the black cat!
Ooh what spell did your daughter come up with?! Lol
Lucy x

Anonymous said...

What can I say but "Wow!" This is spectacular! All of the textures, layers, dimension and the very cute witch made a gorgeous project. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

cebelica said...

Oh wow, that a fab creation. I love purple and black combination, but I never dare to use it myself. *sigh* However, you totally rocked it. This is amazing!!! Hugs! xx