Sunday 2 November 2014

The Ribbon Girl DT - Christmas

Good morning!  It is time for our November card challenge over at The Ribbon Girl and our theme is 'Christmas'.  Perfect for me as I still have lots more to make!  On Friday some of the new Magnolia collection dropped into my letterbox and I couldn't wait to ink up this one, Christmas Delivery - it's such a fun image.  Once I'd painted it my original idea for the card went out of the window as it just seemed so beautiful it cried out for clean and simple - not like me at all!
I've painted the image with Distress Ink Pads and added some details with a white gel pen.
Although it is a clean and simple card there are still lots of little details.  I added glossy accents to all of the wax seals so that they look realistic and stickles to some of the wrapping paper.
For the bottom panel I used a Tim Holtz texture fade and added shimmer to the embossed snowflakes.
To balance the red in the image this gorgeous saddle stitch ribbon from The Ribbon Girl was perfect!  It gives such a luxurious touch and holds perfect bows beautifully.  See my tutorial for making perfect bows on my tutorials page.
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us at The Ribbon Girls.  The rest of the team have made stunning Christmas cards to so pop over to the blog to check them out.  Thanks for looking. x

5 comments:

Dortesjs said...

awww love love. so sweet

The Craft Bucket said...

Love this stamp, received mine on Friday not had time to play. Love your work. Jane x

yvon said...

This is absolut gorgeous. Love it.
Hugs, Yvon

mgoll88 said...

your card looks very great!

LG
Michaela

hellerlittle said...

Dear Jena... I´ve to come over from the challenge blog to tell you how Special your Card is, I LOVE IT !!!!
It´s such perfect colored and so cute in the CASway
CU hellerlittle