Wednesday 8 April 2015

A Clean and Simple Layout

 Good morning!  Today I'd like to share a layout I have created to showcase my son celebrating his Easter archery win.  We are both keen archers and it was an incredible achievement for him to shoot the tiny golden egg and win the star prize - we couldn't even see the egg from the distance we were shooting lol!  Of course I had to create an archery target face for the background using appropriately coloured papers.  The yellow paper in the centre is from Webster's Pages, the red and black papers are from MME and the blue paper is from Tim Holtz.
 After all that hard work creating the backing paper I wanted to keep it visible so have kept the rest of the layout very simple.  The photo is mounted onto white cardstock and then I've attached the arrow punctured egg next to it.
 I did a lot of doodling on this layout.  All of the stitching and loose threads are doodled with a fine black pen.
 The sentiment was created with Webster's Pages alphabet stickers.  I had to create my own exclamation mark from an 'f' though lol.
 The journalling lettering is also Webster's Pages lettering and I also added the date with a white gel pen.
 The paint splatters were all created with Prima stamps - my favourite new purchase because I've never had much luck with actual paint splattering on my layouts!
I hope you like it and thanks for looking!  I have been very busy over the Easter holiday creating many more layouts so I hope you can stop by again soon to take a look! x

No comments: