Wednesday 6 May 2015

Stempelglede DT - Magnolia Canvas

Good morning!  Today I'd like to share a canvas I created using Stempelglede stamps.  The inspiration for this canvas was the gorgeous Stellata Magnolia tree I have in my garden which was in bloom a few weeks ago.  
Every year the sight of the beautiful flowers on this tree cheers me up after a long winter.  I wanted to see if I could recreate the flowers.
I was pleased with the results - what do you think?  I made them with coffee filter papers and Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die.
 I have used several Stempelglede stamps.  The butterfly and crown are from the Vintage Baby stamp collection.
 I have also used the Grunge Flourish Corner single stamp in the left hand corner of the canvas and the harlequin background stamp from the Backgrounds and Borders stamp collection.
I stamped parts of the Grunge Flourish Corner stamp along the bottom edge of the canvas too and added parts of the sentiment stamp here and there.
 The sentiment is the Magic stamp.  So that I didn't lose any of the definition by stamping directly onto canvas I have stamped all of the stamps onto tissue paper and pasted them onto the canvas.
 There are peeks here and there of the harlequin background too.
The branch for the magnolia flowers was created with florist wire and tape.
 I used stamens from my stash in the centres of the flowers.
 I added Gesso to the canvas with a piece of card to create ridges for an interesting texture.
I used some of the petals separately to give the effect of the delicate petals being blown from the tree in a spring breeze.
 One curls delicately over the edge of the canvas.
 I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x


3 comments:

I dolci di Grazia said...

Very beatiful.

mgoll88 said...

nice creation

LG
Michaela

littlebee said...

What a beautiful canvas Jane.... I too have a magnolia (susan) tree in my garden which one of my daughters bought for my birthday a couple of years ago. You have most certainly done yours justice with this canvas, the flowers you created are just perfect, I would love to have a go and create a canvas just like this. Have a wonderful day..... Sue x