Monday 1 June 2015

La-la Land Crafts GDT - More Than One Fold

Good morning!  I have another La-la Land Crafts creation to show you today.  Our theme for this week is 'More Than One Fold'.  I knew I wanted to create a fan when I saw the gorgeous Cherry Blossom Branch Die.
 I have painted Kimono Marci With Fan using Distress Inks in the following colours:

Hair: Black Soot.
Skin: Weathered Wood, Black Soot, Tea Dye and Fired Brick.
Fan: Black Soot, Weathered Wood, Worn Lipstick.

Her kimono has been paper pieced.
 Here's a close up of the cherry blossom design I've created on the fan using the die.  I also used some of the off cut flowers from the centres of the cherry blossoms to dot around to resemble petals blowing away in the wind.
 On the base of the card I have used the Lattice Doily Border Die over some pink paper.
 On the back of the card I've used the Heart Fan Die to cover the glued areas that are keeping the fan together!
I hope you like it and I have inspired you.  Pop over to the La-la Land Crafts blog to see the rest of the team's inspiration.  Thanks for looking! x

No comments: