Wednesday 8 August 2018

CD Card

 Good morning!  Today I'd like to share with you a fun card I have created using the Doohickey dies from Volume 19 - Music.  I made it for my brother's birthday but it would work equally well for a teenager I think.  I have used acetate and silver cardstock to create the CD background, drawing round an actual CD to get the correct size.  I used Spellbinder circle dies for the centre holes.
 I cut the tape player in silver, black and orange and then used different elements from each colour to create the tape player.

I have used the two star Doohickey dies in several colours on the card.


I have also used the vinyl record and musical note Doohickey dies.  The paper strip with stars on is from a Maja Design paper and the ribbon is from my stash.



I have added the die cuts on different thicknesses of foam pads to add lots of interesting dimension to the card.


Here's a side view showing the inside of the card which I covered in co-ordinating blue paper as it is visible through the hole in the CD from the front.


 I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

♥


No comments: