Thursday 16 May 2019

Craft Heaven DT - Tilda in Paris

 

Good afternoon!  I'd like to share a card featuring one of my favourite techniques today: painting in sepia.  I love this technique for a few reasons; it is quicker than painting in colour, it is very effective and it looks like old photos, which I love!  I have used my favourite Maja Design paper at the moment, Stonewashed from the Denim & Friends collection.  I had to buy more of it so that I don't run out!

I masked Tilda and the Eiffel Tower images from the With Love From Paris stamp kit from Magnolia Day 2017 and painted the whole scene with Walnut Stain Distress ink using the no lines technique.  I added a few detail with a white gel pen.  I stamped the cute little dog separately and painted her in the same way before cutting her out and adding to the 'photo' with 3D pads.  The card was cut with the heart frame doohickey from Magnolia Vintage Box 5.



I used the birdcage and bird doohickeys from Vintage Box 5 and the post mark stamp is from the With Love From Paris stamp set.



I hope you like it and thanks for looking!



1 comment:

Candy said...

Lovely, Jane.
Love the addition of the dog :o)
Hugs, Candy