Monday 11 November 2019

Craft Heaven DT - Nutcracker Christmas Card


Today I have a special card to show you that I have created to give to my daughter this Christmas using gorgeous Christmas papers from Maja Design's Christmas Season collection: Deck the Halls and Vintage Red Light.  I have adorned the 'belly band' with some pretty vintage seam binding and a snowflake charm from Craft Heaven.


Remove the 'belly band' and we glimpse the hint of a snow scene created with Magnolia Doohickey dies.  What could be waiting for us inside?


The Nutcracker ballet!


Here is the full scene of the Sugar Plum fairy dancing while the Nutcracker looks on.  I have added sweet gingerbread houses, glittery trees and snowflakes to create the magical land of sweets!


As always I have painted the images with Distress Inks using the no lines technique.  My Sugar Plum fairy is Spellbound Tilda from the Spellbound Kit.  I removed her ice-skate by removing the ink from that part of the stamp before stamping so that she is a ballerina.  For the Nutcracker I have used Tilda from the Christmas Party Collection.  I have added tiny star shaped gems from my stash around the pair.


I have used the Theatre Curtain from the Once Upon a Time Collection to frame the 'stage'.  To get the opposite curtain I have reverse stamped it.  The curtains are also painted with Distress Inks.


I have used the Tim Holtz Pine Tree die to cut the large, glittery tree and Doohickeys for the rest of the scene.  The snowflakes are from Doohickey Volume 23.  I have added Stardust Stickles to the snow on the gingerbread houses and the white trees.


 The large snowflakes on the front are from Vintage Box Volume 4.


I hope you like it and thanks for looking!  To discover more projects using the gorgeous Maja Design Christmas papers pop over to the Craft Heaven Blog.

2 comments:

Candy said...

Hi Jane,

Your card is over the top beautiful!! Your daughter will cherish it forever!
I love all the different dies and stamps you have used to make this magical scene.

Big Hugs, Candy

Helga said...

Phantastic coloring !!!georgeous card !
Greetings from Austria --- Helga