Wednesday 29 April 2009

Gorjuss Grandaughter card

My MIL has asked me to make a card for her for my Niece's birthday. I decided it was the perfect time to have a real play with my new Gorjuss Girl stamps (I'm sorry but I'm just not counting the Father's Day card...it has no flowers!). I got the inspiration for this whilst doing the ironing would you believe. Must iron more often...well no maybe not. I was ironing one of my little girl's dresses which has a heart on it but the edges aren't stitched down and thought it would look good on a card. I've used so much of my stash on this card I am reluctant to give it away. I'm afraid I just had to cover the skull and crossbones in her hair with a flower....didn't think the skull quite went with the flowers theme! Hope you like it.

A close up of the front. I have used my favourite New Year swirl stamp from Magnolia on the heart, overlapping it onto the card and sentiment.

I decorated the inside to match and there is a money pocket behind the Gorjuss girl.

Image: Gorjuss girl set 2 from Sugar Nellie coloured with copics

Paper: Papermania

Sentiment and lettering: from Forever Friends For You set

Flowers: Prima

Ribbon & embellishments: from stash

2 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

Beautiful card,
hugs
Angie

Di said...

This is fantastic, well done love the heart!

Hugs DI xxx