Thursday 30 April 2009

Whiff of Joy Stars & Stripes challenge

I would firstly like to thank the WOJ challenge blog team for this challenge!! When I read it I thought ugh stars & stripes that will look awful with my only WOJ stamp (Melinda with muffin basket). So I thought I wouldn't join in this week.....then I read the prize.....WOW!!!!!!! a 2 week guest spot as design team member. My absolute dream come true would be to be a design team member (I'm sure its prob every card makers dream) and to get the chance to do it for even 2 weeks would be amazing. So then I HAD to enter. So I rummaged in my stash and found 3 different stripey papers and I knew I had a satin star somewhere but then while I was rummaging found some sentiment die cuts that I didn't even realise had stars on! and that was that my idea flowed from there. I decided to challenge myself further and use the bright stripey paper I'd slung to the bottom thinking I'd never use. All my cards have been very muted dusky colours so this is a real break from the norm but I am absolutely in love with it! Its really fresh looking. So thank you WOJ challenge blog for helping me to discover something new! x I must just add that Melinda's trousers are actually pink to match some of the stripes in the paper but for some reason they look a tad orangey on the photos. It does look really gorgeous in real life....honest!

I decorated the inside to match and left space for a message

Image: Melinda with Muffin basket from Whiff of Joy coloured with Copics

Paper: Papermania

Star Paper and sentiment tag: Forever Friends sentiment pack

Brad and stars: from stash

3 comments:

Rach said...

this is a beautiful card, fabulous papers and details. thank you for joining us at the whiff of joy challenge blog. hugs rachxx

Iselin said...

Beautiful card!

Bev said...

Fabulous card, love those papers and delish colours and the wonderful detail. Thanks for joining us this week x