Friday 1 May 2009

Anniversary card

I have made this for my Parents to give to some friends of theirs. It is quite different to my other cards I think but I didn't really have a stamp suitable for this kind of occasion so opted for a huge flower, then I recieved my new Magnolia stamps yesterday and just had to use the gorgeous butterfly ones. I coloured them to match the paper and I'm really pleased how they turned out, I just love the effects you can get with copics! I could just sit and colour stamped images in all day and never even make any cards!


This is the inside....

I have another card to share with you but I'm going to wait until the recipient has recieved it as I don't want them to see it on here first.
I'm one lucky lady tonight as my husband has given me some money to buy craft things.....I can't decide what to get though (poor me LOL!) I've seen a gorgeous stamp set that I could make lots of papers and effects with, and that would leave me with some money for other things or I can't decide whether to get a Cuttlebug. I love all the shapes people do with them and I cut everything out by hand and have to rummage round the house for shapes to draw round so it would be useful....I might have to draw straws !
Papers: Bazzill dot card, Sandylion Valentines words foil paper
Flowers: Prima
Butterflies: Magnolia butterfly stamps coloured with copics and gold pen
Ribbon and embellishments from stash

2 comments:

helen said...

hi jane, it was rica who asked rach about the stamps hon not me, its a bit confusing on wordpress blogs as to whos comment belongs to who, wish i could help you with info about those stamps but i haven't any :(, as lovely as they are i wouldn't pay double for postage either, i'm sure rica or rach will be able to help, thanks for visiting my blog though and leaving a lovely comment, you have some beautiful work on here hon,
hugs
helen x

Heather said...

Hi Jane - thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. I've just been having a wander round yours and I must say you make some fantastic cards. My favourite has to be the blue 'Father's Day' card - love it - especially that little sentiment.
No I don't think you're being cheeky - how do you find out it you don't ask. Can you Email me so I can reply in length. My email addy is
rica369@gmail.com (can't find yours anywhere)
hugs Heather xx