Tuesday 2 June 2009

Something a little different

Today I have something a little different from my usual kind of card......there are no frills and flowers, in fact not a single embellishment!!! It is for my Father in Law for Father's Day. He loves Guinness, and I've seen a few "glass" cards around blogland and came up with the idea of using gold peel offs to make the harp from the Guinness logo. It has actually turned out better than I thought it would. I obviously couldn't make a card without using a stamp though...no...sorry, I just can't LOL, and as I didn't have any male kind of papers I used some grey coredinations cardstock and have silver embossed one of the swirls from the Whiff of Joy spring swirls set all over to form a background paper. The "glass" I made from one of those plastic boxes you get the blank cards in so I've even recycled LOL. The Guinness logos have been written onto the acetate with white gel pen and as I said, the harp has been formed using peel offs to say Happy Father's Day. Inside I have used one of Guinness' famous slogans "good things come to those who wait" and added "have a day off!!" underneath. This is particularly appropriate as he is currently building our extension and working very hard for us!

Another view showing how the glass protudes from the card.

A close up of the Guinness logo with the Happy Father's Day harp.

The embossed paper using Whiff of Joy spring swirls stamp.

Image: logos from Guinness stout, Whiff of Joy spring swirls

Papers: Black card from stash, cream and grey card coredinations cardstock

Other tools: Ink it up clear embossing ink and silver embossing powder, Ink essentials white gel pen, Anitas' peel offs

6 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

fantastic card,
super idea,
Hugs
Angie

Kathleen said...

Super card, it is hard to make male cards. My son likes guinness, might give me ideas.
Kathleen x

Bev said...

Now this really is brilliant! The perfect mans card I think x

The Dolphin Inn said...

What a cool guy card, great idea and I love how you made the logos, thanks for the well wishes XXX

Di said...

WOW this is just ingenious Jane well done you!
By the way did you get your copyright sorted?
Can i ask you haw you get 'would you like some of these stories' to work on your blog?

Hugs Di xx

Tab said...

Fabulous card hun, such a fab idea and i love the swirl background!
Hugs Tab xxx