Tuesday 6 October 2009

Don't Laugh!!!


I haven't made a card for a few days, feeling a bit lost in the mojo department at the minute but wanted to share something with you all anyway!! I just loved Jacqui's tutorial on using distress inks and I have wanted to do this for a long time as I used to do a lot of watercolour painting when I was younger and do love that soft look. Now, anyone who knows me will be able to tell you I am very impatient LOL. So even though I didn't have the right equipment I just had to give it a go....and it ended up a muddy mess LOL! I managed to find my old pad of watercolour paper....yay!!.....except I used to paint landscapes and loved the rough textured stuff and it wasn't really condusive to stamping a nice clean image LOL. Could I find any of my old watercolour brushes? err that will be a no so I used a little clean lipstic brush (not great). I knew I didn't have the right ink for stamping and as you can see I just made a huge mess of it all because the adirondack ink I use has bled as soon as the water even winked at it LOL! I love the effect otherwise though and will have to get myself a brush sorted and the correct stamping ink and some smoother watercolour paper! Oh and a few more colours of distress ink, I only have 5.....bit limited there LOL!!! As the title said....don't laugh!!! x

5 comments:

Victoria said...

The same thing has happened to me lots of time and hammered card is a nightmare for pooling the colour too

cats whiskers said...

Oh Hun I wouldn't laugh I just adore the real watercolour look of this and ince you have HP smotth paper wow you will be a force to reckon with, it took me ages to actually find all the right equipment but I am happy with what I have now
Hugs and thanks for your kind words Jacqui x

Rach said...

I'm not laughing...:)
i actually like the effect that you have created, with your lipstick brush.. and the slight ink seepage... it looks kind of antiqued... cool...
hugs rachxx

Lorraine A said...

Oh Jane I am PMSL here :-) you are sooo funny :-)it just shows how resourceful you are tho ,, to think of using a lippy brush !!! lol :-)
:-)

Jo said...

I love it, if I could produce something like this on a good day I would be happy!! So effective. Jo x