Friday 4 December 2009

Just Magnolia DT monthly project - special Christmas card/project

Woo hoo! It's time for another challenge at Just Magnolia, and this week it is our special monthly challenge with that fantastic prize from Simon Says Stamp! Thank you for all your wonderful entries last week I really enjoyed looking through them! This month's challenge is to create an extra special christmas card or project for someone special. Great excuse to get all those gorgeous christmas stamps out (like we need an excuse). I have made a card with a rather gorgeous fold which I just had to try after seeing it on the lovely Marga's blog. The gorgeous papers are by Magnolia, managed to get my hands on some at last and they truly are gorgeous!

I have used Tilda with Mistletoe, coloured with distress inks. I have added some liquid pearls to the buttons on her shoes. Around the edge of the oval I have stamped just the mistletoe part of the stamp with peeled paint distress ink before covering the edge with glitter glue.

There wasn't much room for embellishments, think I will make a larger version next time I do one of these! I have added a tulle ribbon tied in a simple knot to one side and three roses from Wild Orchid Crafts, that have been sprayed with glimmer mist.
I punched some branches using MS branch punch from white card and sponged the edges with brushed cordoruy distress ink and then covered them in glitter glue for a frosty look.
On one corner of the "stand" part of the card I added another rose and some branches to match the front of the card.....

.....and on the other corner I added a small sentiment and again stamped the mistletoe part of the image around the edges.

Thanks for looking, do check out the rest of the DT's creations, they are stunning and I hope you can manage to join us this week! x
If you have time please see my other post today for the Crafty Calendar Challenge! x

18 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, beautiful colours and love Tilda.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jane,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.x

Claire Ellen Designs said...

Simply stunning Jane, you really are doing these Dt's proud, fab colouring and love the folds,
hugs,
Claire xx

Anonymous said...

Wow Jane I LOVE your card....you always select the perfect color combinations! I may have to give that technique a try!

Abby:)

cats whiskers said...

This is just beautiful dear
Hugs Jacqui x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Just beautiful Jane! Love the fold and all the pretty details. Fab coloring too! :)

stephanne said...

This is absolutely stunningly gorgeous!! The colours are dreamy and your colouring is out of this world!! Have a wonderful weekend!!
Stephanne

Georgia said...

Wow Jane, I love the idea of this card - and it all looks sooo beautiful with the roses and those gorgeous papers! I love it! Have a nice weekend. :)
Love, Georgia xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Jane,
Sue x

Marcea said...

stunning work sweetie - Tilda is so beautiful. What a clever idea stamping the mistletoe around the edges. Totally divine cared
-x-

Di said...

Stunning Jane. This fold looks really difficult, its fabulous!

Hugs Di xxxx

Ellen said...

Takes my breath away what a beatiful card !!

Ellen

Marga said...

Ohh Jane! You made such a beautiful card here! I love how you applied the embelishments and your coloring is just stunning.
xx Hugs, Marga

bluebell-flowerwood said...

hi jane, like the idea of the pop up card, would not have thought of useing the image in that way, will give it a go. like the glass like beads, love from bluebell x.

Marina said...

This is stunning Jane!
I love the layout and papers and details are gorgeous.

Hugs
Marina

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous Jane, Kim

Mina said...

stunning card Jane, I love that fold of card and you have coloured Tilda beautifully...beautiful
Mina xxx

Andrea said...

wonderful project