Saturday 30 January 2010

Everybody Art challenge and my first Hanglar!!!

My oh my I have searched and searched and searched and (you get the picture LOL) and finally I have a Hanglar & Stanglar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!! Isn't he gorgeous? I had to colour him IMMEDIATELY upon opening the envelope LOL. If anyone reading this has one of the girl Hanglars and tires of it (yeah right OK I know it's a long shot) PLEASE email me and I'll buy it from you!!! This card is following the gorgeous sketch at Create 4 Fun (which I've rotated) but unfortunately have missed the deadline for it, and the colour challenge at Everybody Art which is my favourite, brown, blue and white - LOVE this colour combination! The papers are K&Co Wild Saffron and I have distressed them with tearing and brushed cordoruy ink. I have also stamped a flourish from Stempelglede around the edges of the papers, image and flowers!
I've coloured him with distress inks.
I'm having to make my own flowers quite a lot at the moment as I have very few flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts left and all the ones I want are sold out at the moment, but I have to admit I'm really enjoying making my own! I have used EK success retro flower punches with a button and jute string to finish.
For these three I've used EK success retro flower punch and Xcut daisy punch and some brads.
I have used the corner part of my MS punch around the page punch on opposite corners of the cream panel.
Hope you like it and thanks for looking!!!! x

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my word, I love love LOVE this card, beautiful colouring and papers and detailing, isn't the stamp just gorgeous - well worth the search!!!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

WOW Jane all your cards are just beautiful!! Love your vintage style.
Kristy x

Victoria said...

Beautiful card Jane. Such an adorable image!
Hugs, Vicky ~X~

cats whiskers said...

Oh this is just so sweet love the papers and fabby colours and that H&S image is just perfectHugs Jacqui x

craftymum said...

Great card Jane. Where did you get your Hanglar stamp from?
Love Sarah XXX

Tammi said...

I remember getting my first H&S, I was so super excited...well, anytime I get a new one I am, they are my most favorite stamps! :) You made a gorgeous card with him, love the color in his pants and the whole design is beautiful.

Shana said...

Oh my do I envy you! Such talent and a Hanglar Stanglar stamp - pure heaven! Thank you for sharing and providing hope to all those HS lovers out there who live in North America!

Sol said...

Wow! Lovely card... and with a boy also..... Good Job!... Love the colours and the corner you have made with the MS punch.. stamping and with distress ink.. It is beautiful! The flowers you have made are lovely! And congratulations with your first hänglär stamp... I have just got some of those too.. Love them alot!

Lizzy said...

Another beauty from you Jane ~ fabby image, the look is awesome xx lizzy xx

Juls said...

just stunning! Love the vintage look and all those Stamped swirls!

Stempeltiger said...

Such a gorgeous card Jane!!!
I love the colour combination, the cute image, the great swirls and the beautiful colouring.
Great work1
Hugs
Swantje x