Saturday 9 October 2010

Magnolia Down Under Challenge DT - Tag it!!

It is time for another challenge at Magnolia Down Under Challenge and this week we have a theme of Tag It!! You can make a tag or have a tag on your card/creation. I decided to make a "Bag of Tags" for my hubby as he always forgets to buy tags with his gift wrap to put on my pressies at Christmas time so this way he will be prepared AND I'll get adorable tags on my pressies LOL. Although I only made 6, perhaps I should add some more LOL! I created the bag with scalloped circle nesties and plain circles for the paper which is by MME inked with walnut stain distress ink. I added a tag to the front of the Tag Bag using Magnolia's Doo Hickey tag die. It is a replica of one of the tags in the bag! I also added a satin bow and a small ready made bow from The Hobby House, some jute string and a button and a Merry Christmas text stamp from Magnolia.
Inside is a bundle of tags fastened together with a white blossom from Wild Orchid Crafts. Each one decorated differently. All of the tags have been cut using the Doo Hickey tag die and inked with walnut stain distress ink. This first tag has been stamped with a Merry Christmas text stamp from Magnolia with fired brick distress ink. All the tags have jute string for fastening to gifts.

The next tag has Tilda with Mistletoe (I think that's her name), coloured with copics and there is some stickles on the mistletoe berries.

This tag was simply stamped with the Christmas Text stamp in bundled sage distress ink.

This tag features my favourite so far of the new Christmas stamps I've seen - Tilda as Lucia, coloured with copics before masking her to stamp the Christmas text stamp with bundled sage distress ink.
This tag was stamped with the North Pole stamp with frayed burlap distress ink which I then masked so that I could stamp the Christmas text stamp in bundled sage.

This tag features silent night Tilda from last year's Christmas collection, again coloured with copics and I've added stickles to the fur trim of her coat and her headband.
The back of each tag has been aged with walnut stain distress ink too and I have stamped To and From using a Magnolia stamp from last year's winter kit.

I decorated the back of the bag with a large poinsettia and ready made bow from The Hobby House and some holly leaves cut with a sizzix holly and mistletoe die. Hope I've inspired you to join us this week at Magnolia Down Under Challenge this week. Pop over to the blog and have a look at the rest of my teamies gorgeous creations! Thanks for looking! x

22 comments:

Loz said...

Jane, these are just gorgeous!! Your colouring is once again incredible, I love all the differnent tags! Your bag of tags is stunning - and such a great idea!

Camilla said...

One word Jane: AMAZING!!!!
Hugs, Camilla

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous, I love each and every tag! It's so nice that you will be able to keep them - I hate to part with some of my cards :o) x

CraftyC said...

Totally gorgeous Jane, and the tags are just adorable!!
Clairexx

Linda . J said...

Such a beautiful creations Jane and fantastic colouring! love the gorgeous design and detail on the tags and yes you will need more lol.
Hugs Linda

Vicky said...

OH MY BLINKING GOODNESS JANE!!!!This is absolutely incredible honestly its sooo pretty I love the images the colours the details....everything is beautiful what a fantastic thing to make....WOWZERS!!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xx

Dorte said...

Beautiful idea, love it.
Dorte,x

Kylie said...

Oh wow Jane! I love this idea and your tags are so gorgeous! I love that you get to keep them, hehe, I might have to do that for my family too :o) But yes, you definately need more than 6!!
Hugs
Kylie

Unknown said...

WOW Jane, this is so cool!! and mmmm might be a good idea to whip up some more for your hubby hehehehhehe!! I love how you did the tags and the little bag to pop them in is awesome!! too clever Jane:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Stampin'Piper said...

Jane, sweetie, I'm speechless! They are too cute for words! These Tags looks perfect, I love them! What a great idea and wonder inspiration!

Have a lovely Sunday, big Hugs Tanja

Stampin'Piper said...

Jane, sweetie, I'm speechless! They are too cute for words! These Tags looks perfect, I love them! What a great idea and wonderful inspiration!

Have a lovely Sunday, big Hugs Tanja

Michele Roos said...

Oh WOW Jane this is just beautiful. Gorgeous colouring of the images and the wonderful details also. Hugs Michele x

Tracey T said...

Wow, Jane - these are absolutely stunning! You are one talented lady. Tracey T x

Cordine said...

Jane this is absolutely gorgeous!
Hugs
COrdine

XxJULESxX said...

wow just stunning!! so clever!! love the tags!

Maria K said...

wery gorgeous and inspirational tags youve made =)!I like the colour, it speaks to me =)!
Great details...what else can you say but WOOOOOOOW!
Maria K xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane
love your bag of tags, so pretty. I love this Doo Hickey die, I have made loads of tags with it. What a good idea to give to Hubby (keeps all your lovely hard work in the family) lol.
hugs
Sandra (craftynan)

Louise said...

Such a cute little bag! :) Makes me so happy watch and what a lovely idea behind the project :)
Supercute images as well, hun :)
Love

Anne said...

What a brilliant idea Jane. A bag of tags. And they're all lovely and showcase the Magnolia sentiments beautifully. My brother definitely could have done with these a few years ago. He didn't have tags and got all his presents muddled. My husband got a pair of designer tights from him lol xxx

Lou said...

Hi!Oh Jane these are just amazing,i totally love what you have made-all perfect.
hugs Lou.xx

Katarina said...

Gorgeous colouring

Anonymous said...

Jane as always its a pleasure to stop by your blog so very inspiring! thank you! :0)