Friday 29 October 2010

Whiff of Joy DT - Winter Church preview!

I have another gorgeous preview for you from Whiff of Joy's new collection that will be released on 1st November. This image is "Winter Church". I wanted to make a winter scene on acetate to look like etched glass. I'm pretty pleased how it turned out in the end although I wish I'd had a larger nestie to cut the acetate.
I stamped the winter church with white stazon and then stamped the small snowflake from the Whiff of Joy winter kit 2009 over the top. I then stamped the corners and edges with some Stempelglede stamps. I added some tiny gems from The Hobby House for some extra snow flakes and sparkle. The black paper behind the acetate is by Webster's Pages and I've sewn gathered lace around the edge.
To finish the card I added a white satin ribbon with curled tails.
I am entering this card into Cute card thursday's challenge which is "transparent". Hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

5 comments:

Tracey T said...

This is stunning, Jane! What a lovely idea - it's great to see something so different. As for the larger Nesties, have you tried the Go Kreate dies? Some of them measure 6" x 6" and you get 3 sizes in a pack. They cut really well, too. I get mine at Sir Stampalot and Cutting Edge Crafts - hope this helps! Tracey T

Kerry said...

Gorgeous scene card Jane, stunning!

Love Kerry xxx

Diane said...

This is so different, Jane - it's lovely! The gathered lace around the edge is a wonderful finish!
Diane x

Cordine said...

It's absolutely stunning!
Hugs
Cordine

Deb said...

it is stunning, I love it, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx