Tuesday 18 October 2011

Saturated Canary Challenge



I was absolutely thrilled to discover I won last week's Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge's awesome prize of 2 digis from Saturated Canary!! OMG I love these images!! I had a hard time choosing my prize but finally settled on the stunning Zorana and another I'll keep a secret until I show you her :). Of course that means I just had to enter the Saturated Canary challenge which is stitching. I dug around in my scraps drawer for some offcuts so that I could create a patchwork background inspired by Zorana's gorgeous dress!


Isn't she stunning!?!?! I just had to have her as one of my favourite things is to colour hair so how could I resist all that gorgeousness?!?! I have coloured her with copics and added some stitching details with a white gel pen and some stickles to the bells and her frilly underskirt. I have stitched around the image mat a couple of times for a distressed look.


I have created the stripey fabric rose myself and the brad is from Whiff of Joy. The hydrangea was a gift and I added a rose from Wild Orchid Crafts to the centre. The button I snipped off some old trousers my little girl has outgrown (which was also the source of the stripey fabric LOL). The leaves were punched with a punch I forgot I had and I added some strips of cheesecloth to complete the ragamuffin look.


I added some gorgeous seam binding from the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop and of course some bells from my Christmas stash to match the bells on Zorana's skirt!


Here's a close up of the stitching I did around my patchwork pieces.


I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

16 comments:

Tracey T said...

Your colouring is amazing, Jane. Would you consider doing a tutorial on how you colour hair? Hugs, Tracey x

Tracey T said...

Sorry, Jane, that should have read "long hair"! x

Annette said...

I'm so jealous that you won !!! (but admit you deserved to win) I love your card, and the gorgeous hair. stunning. You'll probably win again with this one !!! No point in me entering I think !!!
Annette
xx

Carisa said...

WOW!!! Stunning hair - i love all the elements on your card, you stitching detail is fab. thanks for joining us at saturated canary challenges this week!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Beautiful creation Jane. The image is absoultely fab. Her dress is so pretty and that hair is out of this world xx

Christina C. said...

Jane, this is absolutely breathtaking!!!! What a gorgeous image and that hair.......wish I had it!!!!
Beautiful, beautiful work!

June Nelson said...

Wow wow that hair is amazing so is the dress, well all of it really lol its beautiful we need a tut on hair please!!! xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous card Jane, beautiful colours and sweet adorable image.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

Beautiful card Jane,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Giò said...

WOW!! this colouring is breathtaking!! My sweet Jane I have not words to tell you how much I love this card!!
Have a fabulous evening.
Hugs, Giò

Marlies said...

Wauw what a gorgeous card! I love the image and your colouring is realy fantastic!!
hugs, Marlies

stephanne said...

This is beautiful Jane!! Amazing colour work on her quilted dress and your details are charming, very cozy looking!!
hugs, stephanne

Kimberly said...

WOW!! this card is amazing..your coloring skills are awesome....tfs
www.justwordz.ca

Barbara said...

Stunning card, Jane, and your coloring is amazing! Like you I am crazy about these adorable images.

Grenouille Greetings said...

WOW! I'm just catching up! And I'm so pleased I caught up all the way back here! GORGEOUS card, Jane! STUNNING hair! Hugs, Lesley

Sneha said...

Jane... i also want to make such gorgeous cards... Since i am from india, i could not get such well designed cards and i would love if i would be able to make it, i need ur help. So plz do contact me. Bye.