Monday 2 July 2012

Pretty Little Ribbon Shop DT - Tags!

 Woohoo!! It is time for another challenge at The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop and this month Peet has chosen our challenge which is to make a tag or add a tag to your project!!  I have made a criss cross card to house a recipe card to give to my Sister-in-Law!  We had a barbecue a while back (probably the last sunny day way back whenever it was!!) and I made a strawberry and cream cheesecake which went down a storm!  My Sister-in-Law asked for the recipe so I thought I'd make a keepsake card for it rather than just jot it down on some paper!  The papers are from Prima's Botanical paper pad and I have sewn the edges and inked them with walnut stain distress ink.
 I coloured Strawberry Yummy Tilda #338 with copics (link is to the mini, but I have used the full sized version of her).
 I added some summery looking flowers from my stash along with some leaves cut with the rose leaf doohickey die.  I have used a Martha Stewart punch along the edges of the criss cross sections.
  You will find my tutorial for creating the large aida flower on the Whiff of Joy World of Ideas blog here.
 The absolutely scrumptious ribbon is from the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop and is the 38mm silk crush - my favourite of all ribbons!!!  I also added a strawberry charm from my stash and a tag cut with the doohickey vintage tag die #1.  I have hand written the recipe title with a calligraphy pen.
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us at The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop!  Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's stunning creations and the gorgeous prize up for grabs!  Thanks for looking! x

12 comments:

Meesh said...

This is absolutely STUNNING!

Meesh :)

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow Jane this is beautiful, lovely gift and gorgeous detail, I so envy your writing skills lol, love the Aida flower will pop over to check that out thanks for the link, hugs Liz xx

mgoll88 said...

what a wonderfull card, looks great, fantastic style and sweet image

LG
Michaela

Sasha said...

Beautiful creation, as always, Jane. Love your handwritten tag! Such a fabulous bow and pretty flowers, too x

Hanna said...

Amazing card, Jane! You've created such a gorgeous summerflower with your doohickey die, it's absolutely lovely!
Love how you've coloured Tilda too, the strawberries look delicious!

have a nice day,
hugs
Hanna

Danielle Champagne said...

Wow this is sooo beautiful! Jane, I love those aida flowers very very much. Your coloring of tilda is stunning. love that big bow, so so pretty!| Hugs. from Montreal.

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous Jane!
Hugs
COrdine

Louise said...

Hi Jane!
Adorable! And what a great idea to make a card for a recipe! I mean, it´s hardly like the person recieving this will throw it away or lose it ;) Stunning!

Love your coloring and now I totally regret selling this gorgeous Tilda! She is truly cute :) Loads of beautiful details and I love that huge flower!

Big hugs!

marion said...

It's so gorgeous, hugs, Marion

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kjersti said...

Wow! Your card is beautiful, lovely colours and fabulous decorated!
Have a nice day!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Helga said...

your wonderful card gives me a really summer-feeling. The coloring are fantastic - papers and the others finished your card adorable.
Greetings
Helga