Friday 16 November 2012

Super Quick Christmas Cards

 Wow!  Look at me with two posts in two days!  A bit or a rarity these days unfortunately.  I hadn't even set foot in my craft room for quite some time when the other night I actually had a free night (also a rarity at the moment) and sat and created nine cards!  I'm not actually too sure on these ones.  My original idea I had them with just plain white card and the cut out with the gold behind but they just looked too plain.  I didn't want to add embellishments as I'm trying to cut down on my postage costs this year as I feel like I funded the entire post office last Christmas lol.  So, I had the idea of stamping the Tim Holtz music stamp over which I really was unsure about as I think it makes the Noel hard to read but my husband loved them and they're for him to use so I just went with it!
 I used the Tim Holtz Noel movers and shapers die to cut out the lettering - love this die so much!
 I have then added a layer of glitter card behind and then, as previously mentioned, stamped the music stamp over the top of it all!  I made all six in half an hour - perfect when you're up against the calendar lol!
Hope you like them and thanks for looking! x

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Jane I love the simplicity of this card. Caroline xxx

marion said...

Needs nothing more, it looks briljant and so fast to make. TFS, hugs, Marion

Hanneke said...

I think this card looks wonderful! It's simple and elegant! Hugs, Hanneke