Tuesday 29 January 2013

Deep Ocean Challenge DT - Love and Lace!

Good evening!!  It is time for another Deep Ocean Challenge and this fortnight our theme is "Love and lace".   I opted for a layout of my favourite snowy photo taken a couple of years ago when we had so much snow that my son's school was closed for a whole week!  We attempted to make an igloo and this photo is of them just before we put the roof on (which duly collapsed lol).  I have used Webster's Pages Winter Fairy Tale papers throughout and lots of gorgeous Webster's Pages trims.
I have used some purple bobble trim from the Magical trims set and a gorgeous pink designer thread doily in the corner.
I fussy cut lots of garden elements from the paper and layered them in the bottom left of the page and also added a place for some journalling.
In the top left corner I wanted to create a stylised snowflake.  I cut a scalloped paper from the collection and  folded it concertina style to create a segment of the snowflake and then snipped up some gorgeous trim to make the delicate ends.
The gorgeous sparkly lace and bloomer trim are also from Webster's Pages and I have added some gems from my stash.
I have added a snowflake cut with Tim Holtz dies to the centre of this bloom and added another snippet cut from the pearl trim to the centre.
I had a tiny piece of pearl trim left over and added it to the top right corner of the photo.
Another snowflake adorns the top left of the photo....
....and the alpha stickers and "fun" sticker are also from Webster's Pages.
I hope you like my snowy layout and I've inspired you to join us at Deep Ocean Challenge!  Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's stunning creations!  Thanks for looking! x

1 comment:

Julie said...

Stunning page Jane - so many gorgeous elements!! Hugs, juliexx