Saturday 4 May 2013

Welcome Baby Boy!

I have a special card to share today to welcome a gorgeous baby boy into the world :)!!  My card is very heavilly influenced by Monique's incredible baby card in the latest Magnoli Ink magazine.  Thank you so much Monique for your amazing inspiration!  I have used a mix of papers from my stash and they are inked with walnut stain distress ink.
I had another go at the no lines technique as I wanted a soft look for the whole card.  I've inked around cute baby Edwin #115 with faded jeans distress ink and added stickles to his crown and the stars.
The flowers are from The Ribbon Girl except the blue tulle roses which are from Magnolia.  The cheesecloth and pearl string are from The Ribbon Girl too.
The gorgeous lace is from The Ribbon Girl too and the ticket is from Tim Holtz.  I've whitewashed it with acrylic paint to tone it in with the card.  The lettering is cut from a Pion Design paper and so are the butterflies.
I've used the pennant doohickey for the banner and Tim Holtz dies for the lettering.  The fancy frame is a spellbinders die.
The gorgeous ribbon, twine and cute pram charm are also from The Ribbon Girl.
 I also decorated a gift box to match the card.  The box itself was made by my lovely friend Tab - inside are some of her amazing crochet baby shoes - I can't wait to see them on!!!  If you haven't seen Tab's work you must stop by her page - she makes the most gorgeous goodies!
 The baby shoe charm is from my stash.
♥   
 Here's a snap of them both together...
...I hope you like them and thanks for looking! x

10 comments:

Hanna said...

Love how soft and elegant this card is, Jane, it's soo beautiful! Your colouring is out of this world! Simply AMAZING :)

hugs,
Hanna

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Jane.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

stunning baby card ....x

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi Jane honey.......... This is STUNNING!! Love all of the little detials!!
Happy weekend dear.. hugzzzzzzz

Ribbon Girl said...

Fabulous Jane, Mary x

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Jane. The image is adorable and I love the soft colour scheme and design. The butterflies are gorgeous.
Hugs Sharon, x

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, this is one of the pretties baby cards I have ever seen - seriously, I could look at it all day!

Danica said...

This is so wonderful Jane. This is stunning.
Hugs, Danica

Cordine said...

stunning!!
xxx
cordine

Monique Lokhorst said...

Hello Jane!

Your card is GORGEOUS, the design, colours and your coloring are awesome. I'am proud that you love my card in the Magnolia Ink and used it for inspiration, yours could be in the Magazine too! I LOVE it!

Big hugs,
Monique xxx