Tuesday 9 July 2013

Magnolia-licoius, Stamps, Dies and So Much More DT - Some Like it Hot!

 Woohoo!!  It is time for another Magnolia-licious challenge and this time our theme is "Some Like it Hot!".  I have been so excited about showing this card since I made it last week when the stamp club kit popped through my letterbox.  I had so much fun making this!  It is a "Bendy Fold" card from the tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers.  This is the card when it is closed.
 I used the Talk Bubble die and the Cloud die to create the rocks at the bases of the palm trees and the orchids die for the orchids.  The pink stamens and purple gypsophilia are from The Ribbon Girl.
 I've also added some Frantage in Shabby White along the edges of the rocks and along the "beach" to look like sand.
 The sentiment is also from the new kit and is stamped in Cloudy Blue Adirondack ink.
 Here is the card with the first fold open.  It opens up to reveal the oh so sweet Tilda sitting in her red and white beach outfit on a rock.
 See the sand on her toes?  You can see I have also added Frantage along the water's edge, this time in Shabby Blue.
 When you open the second fold the card opens out to reveal a whole beach scene - don't you just want to be there?  I know I do, it reminds me so much of my last holiday where we spent every single day on the beach.
 I adore this new Tilda!!  I had one of those bathing hats with the flowers on when I was a little girl so it really takes me back to my childhood.  This Tilda is dipping her toe in the water so I made a little rock pool for her to dip into.  More Frantage "sand" on her toes too.
 In the distance you can see the dreamy sails of a yacht and behind Tilda you can see the sandcastle she just finished making.
 Edwin is in the sea and has managed to pull out a fish lol!
 Another gorgeous Tilda has been collecting shells along the beach and has filled her little pink bucket to the brim!  Again I've added "sand" to her toes too.
There you have it - my holiday in a card!  I hope you like it and enjoyed your trip to the beach lol.  I hope I've inspired you to join us.  Why not pop over to the challenge blog to see the rest of the team's hot creations.
Don't forget Diana is sponsoring with a fabulous prize from the Magnolia-licious store for the lucky winner.  Thanks for looking! x

18 comments:

Marrie said...

Hello Jane,

This is so beautiful I love the new Magnolia stamps and jou create a wonderful card.

Hugs Marrie

Debbie Dolphin said...

WOW Jane...AMAZING... You have just the BEST ideas...
LOVE the palm tree!! WOW
Hugs Debbie x

Sharon said...

Wow Jane, this is fabulous. Such a wonderful scene you have created with some gorgeous images. Stunning work.
Hugs Sharon x

Sharon said...

Oh Jane, the scene you have created is awesome. Love all these images. hugs Sharon x

Laura Love said...

Wow! This is SUPER CUTE!

Kathleen said...

Wow! Amazing Jane! Such a fabulous idea, every detail is wonderful right down to the 'sand' on their toes! How did you make the palm trees?
Hugs
Kat xx

jolanda said...

This looks so great!!!! I love these palm trees! It must have taken some time to make this card I guess.
And the Tilda with bathing hat is adorable.
hugs, Jolanda

mgoll88 said...

Thata a very lovely card creation, really wonderfull...love it!"

LG
Michaela

Martina said...

OMG! This is gorgeous Jane!! What a super duper card!!! The idea with the palmtrees and the whole scene....just amazing!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!
Martina

Suzan L said...

Hi Jane, your card is so darling! The images from the Stamp Club are so darn cute! I can't wait for Diana to get them. I just love the beach scene that you created with them along with the palm trees.
Hugs,
Suzan

Aartje said...

This is awesome, love the great details, the sandcastle is a great idea. Thanks for the i spiration.
Hugs Aartje

Mary said...

This is gorgeous!! What amazing detail!! Love the detail you gave to the sand and water and those palm trees are amazing!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Bel Amaral said...

Muito lindo, adorei conhecer seu blog!!

Elena F Scrap said...

WOW is incredible! What a work; very creative and very pretty. Thanks for share. Elena F.

Chris said...

Jane, Jane, Jane - I just love this! Those palm trees are just fabulous! The scene is so delightful! Your images are adorable and perfectly colored. I especially love how you've colored the hair (my nemesis)! Thank you so much for being such an inspiration!

XO,
Chris

mru said...

wow, this is brilliant :)

Linda Levoir said...

Wow, this card is so clever, really great idea and so well executed.
My daughter would call this 'amaze-balls' lol

OK said...

чудесная открытка!