Saturday 6 July 2013

The Sketchy Challenges DT - Annette's Sketch


Woohoo!!  It is time for another great challenge at The Sketchy Challenges and this fortnight our lovely Annette has provided a gorgeous one!!  I have used it to create this layout using Webster's Pages papers.
 I have seen a few pages recently where painting had been done around the photograph to extend the photograph onto the background paper and wanted to give it a try - I'm so thrilled how it turned out!
 I used acrylic paints to extend the trees, bushes and grass beyond the photograph and Prima chalk edgers for the sky.
 The gorgeous butterfly is the new Magnolia Doohickey die.
 This beautiful diecut is one I received in a recent order from Dies to Die for - I need to find out the name of it as it is stunning for use on layouts!
 I added a Prima birdcage to one of the trees printed onto the background paper.  The ribbon and the resin bird are from The Ribbon Girl.  The bird was originally cream - I painted it with acrylic paints to tie in with the layout.
 Most of the flowers I have used are by Prima.  The little white rose buds and the large daisies are from The Ribbon Girl.
 I used the rosebuds to create some Lily of the Valley flowers to match the ones on the background paper.
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us at The Sketchy Challenges!  Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's stunning creations.  Thanks for looking! x

2 comments:

Riet said...

This is so beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kirsty said...

Hi wow just stunning love the idea of extending by painting ..so many cool ideas..love it loads ;0)