Wednesday 23 April 2014

Home is Where the ♥ is

Today's project was a longtime entry on my 'To Do' list.  My good friend Debbie sent me a Twiddlybits kit to make a little house a couple of years ago and although I instantly knew what I wanted to do with it I never seemed to find the time to get round to building the house to decorate!  The recycled floorboard hanging 'frame' has been in my porch for a long time with some artwork on that I created a few years ago and gradually bits and pieces had been knocked off so, at last, I was spurred on to create something else to go on the frame.
The house was really easy to put together and then covering it in pretty papers from my stash was so theraputic!  The papers are London Market by Pink Paislee and were another gift from my friend Louise.  I fussy cut some of the elements on the papers like the birdcage and the roses around the porch roof.  I then added lace fascia board to the roofs.
The house didn't come with a door so I made one from some of the paper and a brad for the door handle.  I painted some bits of the house that were too fiddly to decorate with paper using Pickett Fence Crackle Paint.
The blue butterfly was fussy cut from the paper too.
A view of the side of the house.
In the garden I added some flowers and lace from The Ribbon Girl.
The sky paper is from Webster's Pages and makes the perfect backdrop for the house.  The pink rose is from Magnolia.
I made the cherry blossom tree from a Prima flower stem.
The 'home' sticker is also Webster's Pages and the rest of the words are Tim Holtz Chit Chat stickers.
I cut the heart with a Sizzix die.
Even inside the house is decorated with spotty pink paper :).
I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x


5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

This looks fantastic Jane. I bet it was lots of fun to make too. Lx

mgoll88 said...

What a gorgeous and fantastic creation..love it!!!


LG
Michaela

Sande said...

Oh this is just adorable and pretty all at the same time. Super job and it looks like you had fun creating this.

Helga said...

Gorgeous creation - perfect made !
LG Helga

Chelsea said...

Wow, what a wonderful project Jane! Every inch of the pretty house is beautifully embellished. Gorgeous!