Wednesday 31 December 2014

My Favourites of 2014

Good morning!  As is tradition on my blog and elsewhere in blogland on the 31st December I would like to share with you my creative favourites from the past year.  I love looking back through my blog to chose them.  It's amazing how you forget what you've made throughout the year.  Some months were quite tricky to chose one favourite but I've been strict with myself and only posted one for each month.  I hope you enjoy looking through them.

JANUARY

P1200306
This altered chocolate box using Stempelglede stamps is my absolute favourite from January and still sits proudly on top of my piano!

FEBRUARY

Another creation using Stempelglede stamps.  This time to create the background for a photo of my little boy.  I still have this on display and it makes me smile every day.

MARCH

I altered a Pringles tube as a gift box for Mother's Day.  My Mum loved it and still has it on display.

APRIL

Hmmm...it was a tough choice for a favourite from April but I finally decided on this card, although there were a couple of other close contenders for the spot: a scrapbook page and a piece of 3D artwork.

MAY

This altered gift box using my precious Stempelglede stamps is my favourite for May.  It takes pride of place on a windowsill in my home.

JUNE

Altered items seem to be featuring a lot in my 2014 favourites!  This is a box I altered for my little girl to keep her treasures from summer in, such as shells and pebbles from beach combing.

JULY

Another altered item!  This time a bottle using Stempelglede stamps.  This held a necklace for my Mum and she still has the bottle on display.

AUGUST

This fun card for my brother wins hands down for August.  It turned out exactly as I'd planned and was super quick to make too!

SEPTEMBER

Yes, another altered item for September!  This time a glass paperweight which I picked up for next to nothing.  It had an awful picture on it so I swapped it for a gorgeous Stempelglede stamp painted with a hint of green to match my room!

OCTOBER

This Christmas card using the new stamps and dies from Magnolia is my favourite for October.  I love how the painting turned out and the flower arrangement!

NOVEMBER

November was another tough month to choose a favourite from but I finally settled on this one as I absolutely ADORE the Doohickey Santa!  This has got to be the coolest die ever and my children enjoyed using it to make cards for their friends too!

DECEMBER

December was a tough choice too lol, but I love the frosty realistic look of the snowflakes on this one and was also very pleased with my painting!

I hope you have enjoyed looking back through my creative year with me.  Have a wonderful time celebrating and seeing in the new year tonight and I wish you all a healthy and happy 2015!

2 comments:

Dorte said...

Great choice of your projects Jane...wishing you a very happy and creative 2015!
Hugs Dorte

Unknown said...


Hi Jane,
You have had a fabulously creative year! All the best to you in 2015!
xo Judy