Monday 29 December 2014

Stempelglede DT - Vintage Birthday Card


 Good morning!  Today I'd like to share a birthday card for a man.  I always find these very difficult but I love how this turned out.  I used some vellum from Tim Holtz Wallflower and Ephemera.
 The image is from Stempelglede's Vintage Baby stamp set and the post mark is from Stempelglede's Follow Your Heart stamp set.
 The frame is from The Ribbon Girl and I've added some grungeboard numbers in the middle.  I've painted them with Pewter Distress Paint and then covered them with glossy accents.  The 'today' strip is from Tim Holtz Chit Chat stickers.
 I've also used the Pewter Distress Paint to swipe the edges of the vellum here and there.  I've added some hessian from The Ribbon Girl behind the image.
I've also used Tim Holtz film strip ribbon and tape attached with a stapler and a screw brad (also Tim Holtz).  Before I sign off I have to tell you about a super cool gadget I added to the inside of this card.  A Talking Tag from Sizzix.  These are incredible!  You download an app onto your smart phone and scan the QR code tag so that you can record your own message.  Then the recipient of the card scans the QR code and can hear the message!  LOVE it!!!
I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

No comments: