Monday 2 March 2015

Stempelglede DT - Scrapping a Holiday Photo

 Good morning!  It has been a long, long time since I shared a scrapbook page but after months of procrastinating I have finally started to scrap some of last year's summer holiday photos!  I have combined gorgeous Graphic 45 paper with Stempelglede stamps for this summery layout. 
 The large, stunning flowers are from Prima and so is the key.  The smaller flowers are from The Ribbon Girl.
 The beautiful yellow rose ruffle trim is from Webster's Pages and the die cut I have used in various places on the layout is from Memory Box Dies.
 I have torn the edges of the Graphic 45 paper and used pieces of the other side of it to add a contrasting pattern to the layout.
 I have tucked cheesecloth underneath some of the torn areas.
 A button twine bow adorns the tear at the top of the page.
The birds egg is one of a collection I made from air dry clay.
 I have also used die cuts using Poppystamps  Lovely Tendril die in various places on the page.
 I painted Gesso onto the area behind the photo mat to create a white space for stamping.  I have used the French Script stamp from Stempelglede's Postcard from Paris collection.
 I have also used a butterfly stamp from the Vintage Baby collection to create all of the butterflies on the page.  I have stamped them onto coloured paper and then used a white gel pen to add in the white markings.
 I have tucked some berries and leaves behind the yellow flower. 
 I have used pieces of torn paper to back the photo on top of the Gesso.
 I have also dry brushed Gesso onto the corners of the photo.
I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I love this layout Jane. A beautiful photo and love the gorgeous papers. Stempleglede stamps are always a fabulous addition.
Have a lovely week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful family, Jane, and your work is always
stunning!

Hugs from Canada,
Judy