Monday 15 June 2015

La-la Land Crafts GDT - Father/Masculine

 Good morning!  I have another La-la Land Crafts card to share with you today.  Our the theme over on the La-la Land Crafts Blog this week is 'Father/Masculine'.  As I hadn't actually made any of this year's Father's Day cards yet this challenge was perfect to get me started on them!  I opted for a plain kraft card background as I love the look of navy, red and white with kraft.
 I used the Lattice Doily Border Die to create the main background for the card.  I've used it twice and separated them with some gorgeous navy ribbon from The Ribbon Girl.  The red letters are Webster's Pages stickers.
 I used the Heart Lock and Key die set  to create embellishments from silver cardstock.  The little hearts that are dotted in the corners of the card are the off cuts from these two dies.
 Here's a close up of the Heart Lock.  Isn't it gorgeous?  I've added some thick jute string behind it to add a bit of texture to the card.
 I've also used the Feathers dies.  Both style of feather come in the one set.  I've inked the edges of them with Walnut Stain Distress Ink to make them stand out.  The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps, stamped onto gold cardstock.
So...that's one Father's Day card down, four to go.  Oops!  Better get cracking with the rest seeing as there is only a week to go!  Pop over to the La-la Land Crafts Blog to see the rest of the team's stunning cards.  Thanks for looking! x

No comments: