Sunday 3 July 2016

Ribbon Girl DT - Card Challenge - Anything Goes

 Good morning!  It is time for another Ribbon Girl card challenge and, as always, our challenge theme is 'Anything Goes' so that everyone can join in!  It is that time of year when I start thinking about thank you cards and gifts for my children's teachers and, having made apple shaped cards the last few years, I decided to try something different.  As a result, I came up with these mini blackboard cards using a Thank You die from Memory Box.
 I thought it would be cute to get my daughter to write her teacher's and teaching assistant's names on the 'blackboard' using a white gel pen.  It actually turned out looking very much like chalk, so I was pleased with the result.
 I have used lots of lush goodies from The Ribbon Girl to decorate the cards: green gingham ribbon, red satin ribbon, green and red berries, white cherry blossoms, and, of course, the traditional apple.
 I raised the Thank You cut out section on foam pads for some extra dimension to the cards.
I hope you like them and I've inspired you to join us at The Ribbon Girl.  Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's stunning creations.  Thanks for looking! x

2 comments:

Veronique said...

Beautiful cards :)

Kat W said...

Hello! I'm excited to be Ribbon Girl teamies and look forward to following all your lovely creations.
These little blackboard designs are so cute and clever...the floral/apple arrangement looks gorgeous and perfect with the die cut sentiment :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx