Sunday 10 July 2016

Stempelglede DT - Vintage Garden Birthday Card

 Good morning!  Today I'd like to share my Mum's birthday card with you.  I've used several gorgeous stamps from Stempelglede to create it.
 I have used the Le Jardin de Beaute stamp from the Vintage Garden stamp collection and painted it with distress inks.  I have used the no lines technique so that it looks like I have painted the whole thing myself.  I have painted the whole image mat background as I wanted a soft, muted sage green behind the image.
 I have then used the Carte Postale stamp, also from the Vintage Garden set, and the Postmark stamp from the Follow Your Heart stamp set.  I have also used a scroll stamp from the Vintage Garden set around the edges of the image mat along with the grunge splatter stamp from the Grunge Collection.
 I have made the butterflies by using the Butterfly stamp from the Vintage Baby stamp set.  I have stamped them onto coffee filter paper and painted them with several brown shades of distress ink.  I wanted them to look like the Woodland Brown butterfly that is common to see where I live.
 All of the flowers and berries are from The Ribbon Girl.  I kept the berries attached to their wire stems and twisted them to create a frame for the image.
 The cheesecloth peeping out from behind the image mat is also from The Ribbon Girl.
 I also used one of the butterflies from the Vintage Baby stamp set to create a smaller butterfly.
I hope you like it and thanks for looking!  Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

2 comments:

Candy said...

Absolutely amazing card,Jane!!!!
It does look like you have painted those flowers! Your handmade butterflies are exquisite!
Love the way you have encircled the card with the berry vines.
Your Mother will cherish this card :o)
Candy

Kat W said...

I was already loving this card with its beautiful shabby chic design and pretty flowers...and then I saw that you painted the focal image yourself....that is out of this world STUNNING! Just WOW!!
I'm sure your Mum was delighted with this fabulous card :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx