Tuesday 27 September 2016

Magnolia-licious DT - Halloween Challenge

Good morning!  Today I would like to show you my Halloween treat boxes as a reminder that our new challenge over on the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog is up and running.  I used a Sizzix die to make the cake boxes from green and black card.
Each box has a tag featuring a different mini Magnolia stamp.  I have painted them with Distress Inks.  Here we have Edwin as a Mummy - far too cute to be scary!
Another tag features Tilda as a Witch.  Even with her face painted green she is adorable!
On the final tag I've used Devil Tilda looking amazing in her little red devil costume!
The boxes are fastened with seam binding from The Ribbon Girl in a gorgeous rich purple.  I have used the cobweb Doohickey from one of last year's kits to cut silver cobwebs.
All of the flowers and berries are also from the Ribbon Girl with the exception of the dark green roses.  I have added wisps of cheesecloth to resemble cobwebs.
I've also added some peeping out from the lids.  To attach the tags to the boxes I have cut thin strips of silver flake web ribbon from The Ribbon Girl.
I hope you like them and I've inspired you to join us at Magnolia-licious.   Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's gorgeous Halloween inspiration and find out how you can win a prize from the store.  Check out the mini Magnolia World stamps in the Magnolia-licious store if you fancy creating your own Halloween treat tags.

Thanks for looking! x

2 comments:

The Craft Bucket said...

Fabulous, just purchased the Mini Mummy, off to play. Love Jane x

Ribbon Girl said...

so pretty, the colouring is superb Jane! Mary x