Saturday 24 December 2016

After Eight Mint Box Cover

 Good evening!  I hope your Christmas Eve has been a lovely one so far.  This year I decided to make a box to cover up the dark green of the After Eight Mint Box so that it fits in with the rest of my Christmas table.  I'm very pleased with how it turned out.  I have used papers from Pion Design and dusted off my sewing machine to stitch around the edges.

On the front I have used the new plate Doohickey from the Magnolia Advent Calendar, a snowflake Doohickey and a swirl Doohickey, and finished it off with a Scrapiniec chipboard clock which I've covered in Stardust Stickles.
 On the top of the box I've used the same swirl Doohickey and then created a spray of flowers, leaves and berries.
 I have used the pine Doohickey to create some fir tree branches and added beaded twirl stems and flowers from The Ribbon Girl.  The berries are from my stash.
 In the centre is a Hellebore flower and then the other side matches the left side of the spray.
 I have also added a touch of silver flake ribbon from The Ribbon Girl for a bit of sparkle.
 On the back of the box I have used the swirl and plate Doohickeys as on the front and topped it with a snowflake made with a Tim Holtz die.
 The snowflake is adorned with a crystal and pearl centre from my stash. 
 The inside of the lid is decorated with the same paper from Pion Design.
 I also made some place cards for my Christmas table using some of the dies from the Advent Calendar.
 I've used the plate again and the glasses, knife, fork and spoon dies.
 I cut the glasses from acetate and have added some Stardust Stickles to the rims to look like they are dipped in sugar.
 I used one of the label dies from the calendar to add names to the place card holders.  The hearts came with the glasses dies.  These were also cut from acetate and then coated in Stardust Stickles.
 Here's all four that I made for our table tomorrow.
 I hope you like them and thanks for looking! 
Now that my table is all set for tomorrow I can relax for the evening.  I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and it is everything you hope for. x

2 comments:

Sande said...

Gorgeous! Everything about your table is beautiful. I love your mint box but the name place cards are beautiful. I host Christmas Dinner and Christmas Day for the same people so I (insert crazy me) I design two different tablescapes. A great deal of work, just as yours involved, but so worth it. Hope you had a very Merry Christmas and great New Year.

Sande said...

Jane
Your place setting cards are gorgeous. Love the decorated Christmas ornaments that you have fastened them to and your table looks divine. I always do a place setting card for each dinner I have at my house. It just is the perfect way to finish off a beautiful table setting. Even if you have so many people that you have to do buffet it is still such a nice touch to have something special for each person. I love the fork, knife and spoon...so cute. Hope you had a fantastic holiday.