Monday 10 July 2017

Stempelglede DT - 70th Birthday Card


Good morning!  Today I'd like to share a 70th birthday card using the gorgeous bird stamp from the Vintage Garden stamp set.  The scroll stamping around the edge of the image was done with a scroll stamp from the same set.
I painted the image with Distress Inks and used a white gel pen to add some details to the flower centres.  I also added a dot of Glossy Accents to the eye.
 The smaller butterfly is from the Vintage Baby stamp set, stamped onto coffee filter paper, painted with Distress Ink and a white gel pen and then covered in Wink of Stella pen. 
 The larger butterfly is from the Post Card from Paris stamp set, painted in the same way as the smaller butterfly.  The sweet bird cage is a chipboard piece which I have painted with white paint, inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and then coated with Crackle Accents. 
 I coloured the seam binding with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink to match the papers and scrunched it up to dry.
 The numbers are also chipboard pieces treated in the same way as the bird cage.  The key is from my stash.
 I have added several layers beneath the image to add texture to the card.
 The ticket with the bird on was cut from a paper sheet I've had lying around for a while now.
 The ticket with the rose on is from the same paper.
 I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

♥

No comments: