Wednesday 15 November 2017

Craft Heaven DT - Christmas Countdown

Good morning!  I am so excited today to share my first card for Craft Heaven!  I was so excited when Tina asked me to join the team!  The theme for the new challenge is Winter Wonderland - perfect for getting all of those Christmas cards done!  Mine is actually a countdown to Christmas.  My daughter asked me to make her one the same as one I created for her years ago - how could I refuse?
I have used one of my favourite Christmas Tildas, Holly Wreath Tilda, and painted her with Distress Inks using the no lines technique.  I have added a few details with a white gel pen on her cheeks, heart patch and the holly berries.  I've also used snowflake stamps by Magnolia around the edge of the image mat, stamped with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink.
 My favourite item of all time in the Craft Heaven store is this stunning button!  It was difficult to actually use it - it is one of those stash items that you never want to part with and is for stroking only lol!  As this countdown is staying in my home it made using it easier!
 I cut lots of little tickets using a Doohickey die from the Easter kit and stamped the numbers with some stamps from my stash.  I've attached them with a little drawer pull from Tim Holtz.
 I've added some chipboard holly and flowers from my stash, along with some gorgeous sparkly pomegranates and lace from the Craft Heaven store.
 I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us at Craft Heaven.  Thanks for looking! x


1 comment:

Candy said...

Jane - your count down Calendar is so beautiful! I LOVE IT!
Big Hugs, Candy