Wednesday 17 January 2018

Craft Heaven DT - Masquerade Ball

 Good morning!  I had great fun creating today's piece for Craft Heaven.  An invitation with a difference, shaped as a masquerade ball mask!  
I painted Masquerade Tilda with Distress Inks using the no lines technique as always.  I added a subtle shimmer to her whole outfit with a Wink of Stella pen.  I used the top of the cupcake Doohickey from one of last year's kits to create the eye holes in the mask.  The rest I drew and cut freehand.
I added a selection of flowers from the Craft Heaven store along with some gorgeous lace along the edge of the mask.
 The beautiful damask straw from Craft Heaven was perfect for the handle of my mask, and I've topped it with a satin ribbon bow and resin rose, also from Craft Heaven.  
 The amazing Mehendi Lotus from Scrapiniec was perfect to adorn the top of the mask.  I added gold Stickles with my fingers to give it some sparkle and topped it with a pale pink rose.
 The sentiment is also from the new You Are Invited collection.  I added gold Stickle dots around the edges of the mask for extra sparkle. 
I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x


4 comments:

Candy said...

My goodness, Jane - what a wonderful piece of work!!!!
You always amaze me with the things you think of and make so beautifully. Your invitation is absolutely stunning and one of a kind!
Big Hugs, Candy

Elins Cards and other handscrafts said...

WOW... this is sooooo gorgeous ♥♥
xoxo Elin

valerie said...

You never fail to surprise and delight me with your beautiful ideas. I always look forward to your creations!!

Debcop said...

Jane, this is one of the most gorgeous Magnolia ideas I've ever seen. I just ADORE your work! And, wish I was only half as good as you. Thank you for the inspiration! I'm a semi-retired grandmother, and would LOVE to purchase this mask from you. I'd like to give it to my 94 yr old mother, for her birthday. She thinks Tilda is the cutest and would adore this mask. Please email me, if you'd be willing to part with the mask, and let me know the cost. Thank you for considering my offer. Hugs, Deb dacopper2010@yahoo.com