Thursday 16 July 2009

Teacher's gifts

Phew what a rush! I've had my Son's teacher's thank you cards made for a good while now but each one has one of my hand made roses on which means I needed to make some sort of special envelope or box....and I forgot all about it until yesterday! I didn't have time to get any 12x12 card either so I ended up making a kind of cross between a slim box and a bag from A4 white card. The top of each box is open and I've added a little handle to each one to make them easier for my little boy to give out. The handles have been attached with brads so that you can swing them down to get the card out. Although I didn't actually have time to decorate them I think they look nice crisp white actually now that I have written their names on with my calligraphy pen! Also at the last minute I have made these little milk cartons which have fudge inside. I just had to have a go at these after seeing them on Rach's and Jacqui's blogs a few weeks ago, they are just so sweet. Thanks for the inspiration Rach and Jacqui!

Again I just didn't have time to pop out to my local craft shop for coloured card so have used white. I stamped several of the Whiff of Joy spring swirls stamps with tattered rose distress ink all over them and then distressed the edges and corners of each side with antique linen and tattered rose distress inks. I've then just added a ribbon fastening, a rose and some leaves and a little disc with Oakley's face on.

My Son has a teacher and two teacher's assistants (and he's only 4!), here are each of their cards and gifts. He is so excited about giving them out bless him, I can't believe he has already completed his first school year, it has really flown by!

Image: Oakley from summer stamp kit coloured with copics
Other tools: Spring swirls stamp kit from Whiff of Joy, distress inks in tattered rose and antique linen, woodware leaf punch
Roses: Boyes
Ribbon: from stash

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Jane, these are all stunning! I'm sure the teacher and teacher assistants will be so chuffed!
Erin x

cats whiskers said...

Morning sweetie, wo these are just beautiful my boxes never looked this good dear, they are just wonderful.
Hugs Jacqui x

Unknown said...

Fantastic Gifts and Cards, lucky Teachers and Assistants, there were no nice Mum's like you when I was an Assistant. They will truly appreciate the thought. Hugs Avril xx

Andrea said...

It`s a wonderful work!
Many greetings
Andrea

Carolyn said...

What lucky teachers and teachers assistants your children must have. I would love to receive such a beautiful gift. Way to go Jane.